By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Japan sales this week? LBP, GTAIV, 80GB.

What are our guesses for hardware in Japan only?

Feel free to give LBP and GTAIV estimates as well.

I reckon the PS3 can shift 40k.

IT has been selling nothing while people wait for these three things.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I dont expect much of those releases it will only give small hardware bump.

the Japanese will most likely ignore LBP, but will get GTA IV.

80GB + GTA4 + LBP = 70k

Ps3 will probaly be between 15k-20k.
LBP and Gta4 will do between 100k-150k

Around the Network

hopefully this and the PES 09 ps3 bundle will keep ps3 above 360 and 10,000 mark for the rest of the year.

lbp is catching a bit of attention over in japan from what i've heard from friends over there. 40k is pushing it in my opinion. 20k IF sony are lucky. i hope at least 15k.

CGI-Quality said:
@ superbeast

what makes you think the Japanese will just “ignore” Little BIG Planet? You obviously HAVE NOT played the game and beyond that the Japanese are recieving LBP bundles. I doubt LBP will be ignored, especially since the Japanese seem to love little cute characters such as Sackboy/girl.

because they don't really buy new IP especially from the West.  maybe 30-40k will do. and you're right, I have NOT played LBP YET.  I'll get it after I pay my goddamn bills this week. yes real life sucks.

Wow, someone's optimistic :P

80 gb will take it back up to how it was a while back, maybe a bit higher because of pent up demand.
LBP should get some good software sales, over a long period. Hardware boost a bit
GTAIV will have negligable sales - the japanese have never bought GTA games for some reason :P

Maybe 20k hardware

scottie said:
Wow, someone's optimistic :P

80 gb will take it back up to how it was a while back, maybe a bit higher because of pent up demand.
LBP should get some good software sales, over a long period. Hardware boost a bit
GTAIV will have negligable sales - the japanese have never bought GTA games for some reason :P

Maybe 20k hardware

Last GTA sold 400k in Japan... that's good software sales no matter how you look at it.