By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Fallout 3 Review Tonight at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern

Any predicitions on what they will give it? Possibly differences in scores?

I'm gonna say, 9.6/10 for Xbox 360 and 9.4/10 for PS3

Around the Network

im gonna say 9.4 for both systems because the differences will be so minor that it wont matter.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Too high I say. 9.4 on 360, 9.3 on PS3.
There will probably be some graphical differences because all devs seem to optimise the game for the 360.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'll guess 9.2, the bigger issues will be how unlike Fallout 1,2 it is and the blandness of the landscape plus issues with the combat system so any minor glitches and graphical disparities will be ignored.

9/10 I'm hoping for. I haven't played the game, so I can't comment on it much. I try to know as little about upcoming games as possible, since the incident.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Too high I say. 9.4 on 360, 9.3 on PS3.
There will probably be some graphical differences because all devs seem to optimise the game for the 360.

I was actually going to put exactly what you did, but Oblivion got a 9.3/9.2 and I have a feeling they will score it better then that. (by a rating of more then .1) Then I also remember that IGN has a habit of using .2 of a difference between PS3/360 games when there are minor graphical discrepencies.  (which seems to be the case here)

If I could do it all over again I would do 9.5/9.3, haha

10/10 from IGN. 9.5/10 from GameSpot.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
9/10 I'm hoping for. I haven't played the game, so I can't comment on it much. I try to know as little about upcoming games as possible, since the incident.

9.0 is definitely possibility, as some earlier reviews of this game have ranged from 8 to 10 so this game definitely has flaws. It will come down to how much each reviewer "penalizes" the game for these flaws and how much the person loved the first 2. (whether or not he/she would have bitterness over the change of the series)

For example this review http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/fallout-3-review-from-sweden/

This reviewer is a huge fan of the first 2 games. From the review you could tell he really enjoyed the game a lot and it does some things very well, but it was definitely flawed to him.

but IGN seems to be more generous now with big games, so that's why I went with what I did

and what incident?

Stats87 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

9.0 is definitely possibility, as some earlier reviews of this game have ranged from 8 to 10 so this game definitely has flaws. It will come down to how much each reviewer "penalizes" the game for these flaws and how much the person loved the first 2. (whether or not he/she would have bitterness over the change of the series)

For example this review http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/10/07/fallout-3-review-from-sweden/

This reviewer is a huge fan of the first 2 games. From the review you could tell he really enjoyed the game a lot and it does some things very well, but it was definitely flawed to him.

but IGN seems to be more generous now with big games, so that's why I went with what I did

and what incident?

Who gave it an 8?

I've only seen 9+

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/games/g-43578/tt/metareviews.aspx

Edit: Oh, I missed your link, nm

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Stats87 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

and what incident?

Alpha Team is flying around the forest zone, situated in northwest Raccoon City, where we were searching for the helicopter of our compatriots, Bravo Team, who disappeared during the middle of their mission. Bizarre murder cases have recently occurred in Raccoon City. There are outlandish reports of families being attacked by a group of about 10 people. Victims were apparently eaten. Bravo Team was sent in to investigate, but we lost contact.

NO NO, NO NO NO.