By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Fallout 3 Review Tonight at 9pm Pacific/12am Eastern

I was exactly right!

9.6 for Xbox 360 and 9.4 for PS3

Around the Network

The PC version also got a 9.6, as did the 360 version, the PS3 version got a 9.4.

I dont' think the text PS3 review is up yet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Acevil said:
Fallout 360/pc is 9.6
Fallout ps3 is 9.4
Unless the numbers that appeared on my screen were wrong. I will read the review tomorrow.

There is a certain user from my wall that will not be too happy about that.

LOL.  I just read through some of his stuff.  Why is he posting all that stuff on there?

IGN Ratings for Fallout 3 (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The atmosphere and style are everything you could ask for and more. A few bugs and camera issues keep things from perfection.
9.0 Graphics
The landscapes are wonderful. The character models and animations could be a lot better.
9.5 Sound
Excellent voice acting and a soundtrack that completely fits the game's mood. The sound effects aren't bad either.
10 Gameplay
A rare combination of excellent combat and deep role-playing.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A more focused experience than much of what Bethesda has created in the past that begs to be played for hours and hours. This is one game you won't soon forget.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I, and other editors at IGN, have also experienced an annoying number of bugs on the PS3 version that have prevented the game from progressing or have broken the world. In all of these cases, reloading the game has been enough to fix the errors and nothing was frustrating or detrimental enough to give me thought of not recommending the game. However, there is one major issue with the PS3 version that can't be fixed with a reset. Every time anybody on your friends list signs on or sends you a message (or any time you receive any network notification), the game freezes and the screen blurs for a few seconds. If you have a lot of friends signing on and off all day, this will completely ruin the game.

------------------------

^That's the reason for the difference, btw.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Acevil said:
Fallout 360/pc is 9.6
Fallout ps3 is 9.4
Unless the numbers that appeared on my screen were wrong. I will read the review tomorrow.

There is a certain user from my wall that will not be too happy about that.

LOL.  I just read through some of his stuff.  Why is he posting all that stuff on there?

I'd rather not talk about him unless he's in this thread himself. We can talk about it on his wall if you want.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I'm not sure if I should get it for PC or Console

My PC has 2GB of Ram, NVIDIA 8600GTS and 2.0 Duo-Core Processor

I would prefer to get it on PC if mine can handle it well.

I played Bioshock on it with max settings and I played Crisis on it with pretty high-ish settings

freebird4 said:

I, and other editors at IGN, have also experienced an annoying number of bugs on the PS3 version that have prevented the game from progressing or have broken the world. In all of these cases, reloading the game has been enough to fix the errors and nothing was frustrating or detrimental enough to give me thought of not recommending the game. However, there is one major issue with the PS3 version that can't be fixed with a reset. Every time anybody on your friends list signs on or sends you a message (or any time you receive any network notification), the game freezes and the screen blurs for a few seconds. If you have a lot of friends signing on and off all day, this will completely ruin the game.

------------------------

^That's the reason for the difference, btw.

Looks like people with a PS3 who buy it should play it while not signed in....until they release a patch to fix some of these bugs....I assume they will at least anyway

Fallout 3 got a 9.4 on TeamXbox too. It's no surprise this game is dominating Fable 2 in reviews. I expect on the majority of sites it'll easily score higher. It's a shame it won't sell as much on the 360.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

if you pay me a million dollars, i wouldn't touch these genre,,,,,be it fable 2, fallout 3,oblivion, ....

Hell I own an xbox and one of the few hyped exclusives for xbox was fable but I didn't touch it.

I just can't get into this genre ,,,I tried hard but everytime I feel like i m really wasting my time.(sorry ,,,just remember these are my point of view and you might even find me dumb for not liking the RPG genre)