By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game gets hated on the most

360 exclusives!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

I wont comment on its quality until I get to play it, but Wii Music is a target of hate, much of it undeserved.

ET, although most Atari games really weren't all that much better.

This question most definitely needs qualifiers. Otherwise trolls and fanboys will hijack the thread in short order to pursue their agendas, and their often laughable vendettas. They will gladly drag out decent games in an attempt to disrespect another console. Bottom line if you can find half a dozen people that enjoy the game on these forums it probably does not belong on this list.

The longer you game the more you realize that games have actually taken a noticeable step up in quality. For no other reason then the fact that manufacturers do quality check games to ensure that they are of a caliber that is playable even if not entirely enjoyable.

For me the worst game of all time that I had the misfortune of playing had to be for my Atari. A title by the name of Kangaroo. Who only existed it seems to enrage me to no ends. I freely confess when I was six I was not only compulsive, but down right stubborn. So this game was a recipe for disaster specifically, because it was entirely unplayable. Let me say this at that age when I played I went utterly into the zone. I could play Pac Man for twelve hours straight without ever losing a life.

So when I got this game I spent the next couple months frothing at the mouth. Level one was a breeze. Level two however had a shitty first jump to a higher level. Which to this day I swear was bugged. I jump, I fall, I die. Repeat over and over again. Can you imagine the frustration of never getting past the second level of a game all of two minutes into the game. The only joy I got from that game was the day I yanked it out of the machine and snapped the cartridge in half.

When someone tells me they know the shittiest game. I always ask them how far they got into the game, and if they say they played it for a hour or even fifteen minutes. All I can tell them is they should feel blessed. They know not what true shit truly is. They would have gone on a killing spree over a game like E.T.

There are the usual suspects that have already been mentioned such as ET, Superman 64 and some others. Those games deserved it and now Wii Music gets hated on like no game of it's time. A game that was absolutely horrible and the developers made no attempt to make a good game and the only reason it got any attention was because it featured naked chicks was BMX XXX
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMX_XXX

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

FF12

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
FF12

Another game that lures you into thinking you will have fun.  Then you quickly find out it's a cure spam-fest.  Oh! your warrior got hit once and now he is at low life.  You better cure him; good thing you weren't casting any of those black magic spells to save on mp.

Wii Music, E.T., Lair, Haze, Alone in the Dark, Superman 64, Ninjabread Man...

Those generally come to mind.

Pixel Art can be fun.

flagship said:
ET, although most Atari games really weren't all that much better.

This is simply not true. It was much worse than any other Atari game that I played.  E.T. deserves all of the crap that it gets.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

superman 64..... splinter cell double agent (the only splinter cell i didnt like).....

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog