By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Skinhead Plot to Kill Obama Thwarted, Officials Say

This story is kind of sad and kind of funny, but I guess its worth posting:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96193886

Skinhead Plot To Kill Obama Thwarted, Officials Say

NPR.org, October 27, 2008 · In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said two men planned to rob a gun store, target students at a largely African-American high school and then attempt to kill Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

Authorities said the plan was fantastic in its scope and that Obama was never in any danger.

Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman, 18, of West Helena, Ark., did not expect to be successful, officials said, but they were willing to die trying. Officials said they planned to drive as fast as they could toward Obama and shoot at him from the windows.

According to court records, the two men, who met on the Internet, had talked about dressing in white tuxedos and top hats for the alleged assassination attempt.

The suspects are being held without bond on charges of possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms and threatening a candidate for president.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

you should have mentioned Obama was the culmination of a 102 person murder spree. 88 people to be shot and 14 to be beheaded.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
you should have mentioned Obama was the culmination of a 102 person murder spree. 88 people to be shot and 14 to be beheaded.

Lol, I must have missed that.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I read about this earlier.

Is this how far we've come, America? Sad times.

I gotta admit. The white suits and top hats are pretty classy.

The only problem... and slightly ironic thing is that such outfits really look better on people with darker skin.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

The only problem... and slightly ironic thing is that such outfits really look better on people with darker skin.

lol so true. 

Well, I'm not planning on voting for Obama, but this is just really sad. I'd have thought we'd be past this kind of BS by now, but I guess not... :(

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
Kasz216 said:

lol so true. 

Well, I'm not planning on voting for Obama, but this is just really sad. I'd have thought we'd be past this kind of BS by now, but I guess not... :(

It seems fairly obvious these two were mentally ill.  I mean... i'd say it's about as much reflection on the country as someone who plans to build a chocolate factory on mars with toliet paper.

*puts down rolls of toilet paper*

Not cool man.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

After their murder spree of killing 88 people and beheading 14 black people, they planned on "driving at Obama as fast as possible while shooting at him out their windows."

I have said it before and will say it again. BO, if elected, will be assassinated. I do not condone this, but there are many KKK members who would and David Duke already said this.