By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto - Wii Music is hardcore? Hardcore = amount of time spent playing?

its not really hardcore is not eth type of game but rather teh player

look at halo and the following it has, then look at something like tetris

you will find people that have devoted their lives to it

it needs to be excpted that no game is hardcore only the players

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
tabsina said:
hanafuda said:
So My question goes out to all of you. Did you just not understand what he said?

I'm still not sure I get it.

If I play Pet Dogz 2 (Wii) for 50 hours, does that mean I'm hardcore?

if you are enjoying yourself and are setting new challenges and goals for yourself throughout those 50 hours, then why the hell not?

That said, I haven't played Pet Dogz 2 (Wii), so i'm not sure that there is genuinely 50 hours of fresh material in the game to achieve such a state

In summary then, Wii Music is casual, but if you spend enough time with it, then you are hardcore.

No, a person who is playing Wii Music is a casual Wii Music gamer if they only ever put it in once in a while or waggle uncontrollably when they do.. but is a hardcore Wii Music gamer if they put consistent effort into getting better and better results

In the same sense, i'd consider a person who is playing SMG a casual SMG player if they only get 60 stars, whereas i'd call them a hardcore SMG gamer if they were to get 120/242stars

Again, in the same sense, i'd consider a person who is playing MGS4 a casual MGS4 player if they play only one act for months at a time with little care to their gaming performance, whereas a hardcore MGS4 player would probably play through the game in a week, and go back to do better on their second run

I don't know if i'm getting through to you, because you are still calling the game "casual" or "hardcore" rather than the person who is playing them

I agree with Miyamoto. The man was, is, and will always be a genius. Wii Music is not a hardcore game. But to make the PERFECT composition, to make the PERFECT sounding arrangement. It requires hardcore finesse and time, you'll have to play a song though again, and again, and again just to get those notes sounding right. Do this for all 6 parts, then time it all together. Does it sound like a simple task? No.

After reading Sky's review of wii music, learning the instruments to play in a hardcore manner is no simple task either. Yet the game allows you to play the instruments in a casual manner as well.

What do I get outta this?

A GAME cannot be hardcore or casual.
A PLAYER can be hardcore or casual.

Good games allow players to do both.
Bad games cater to one or the other.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Most people banter around the term "hardcore" as a target audience for a video game. It seems that a big problem with that label is that truly "hardcore" gamers tend to play a wide variety of games. Also, it seems that the "hardcore" crowd is also the "old school" crowd who have been playing games for quite a while.

IMO: If a person only plays FPS and sports games, they are not a "hardcore" gamer is this context.

Very few people are going to be playing Wii Music 9 months down the road,Therefore it is not a hardcore game as he says.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Very few people are going to be playing Wii Music 9 months down the road,Therefore it is not a hardcore game as he says.

read what he said again,  and if that doesn't help, read the responses in this thread to find out what is wrong with your post

tabsina said:

In the same sense, i'd consider a person who is playing SMG a casual SMG player if they only get 60 stars, whereas i'd call them a hardcore SMG gamer if they were to get 120/242stars

That makes me a SMG casual player. I feel sad about that because it is such an amazing game. But once I defeated Bowser I just didn't have the patience nor the time to continue trying to get the more difficult stars and I ended up with about 70.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

SHUT UP EVERYONE AND LISTEN UP!

I am going to have to use Images so everyone can get it

This guy bought Wiifit from day one and plays it one hour per day. So far he has played 150 h and keeps playing.

This other guy bought GTAIV on day one. In a week he finished the game and played online. Then got bored of it and sold it on game spot. Total of gameplay time: 150 hours

So... who is the hardcorest?

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

SHUT UP EVERYONE AND LISTEN UP!

I am going to have to use Images so everyone can get it

This guy bought Wiifit from day one and plays it one hour per day. So far he has played 150 h and keeps playing.

This other guy bought GTAIV on day one. In a week he finished the game and played online. Then got bored of it and sold it on game spot. Total of gameplay time: 150 hours

So... who is the hardcorest?

Obviously the one that is able to smoke and eat while playing.  He is much more hardcore.  I bet you even in his sleep and in the shower he is playing games.  He is a 24/7, 52 weeks a year gamer.  You don't get any more hardcore than that.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

lol @ Wii_r2_hardcore