By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto - Wii Music is hardcore? Hardcore = amount of time spent playing?

Well, in  5 days I have around 30... It has already worth more than most of my X360 games...

Around the Network
Kyros said:
So My question goes out to all of you. Did you just not understand what he said?

? This guy said that he could play Wii Music 150h and I said that he is on drugs. I do not think I misrepresented anything.

"I have found that, as a single player, you can spend over three hours arranging a single song. Since there's 50 songs, simple math tells you that you can spend 150 hours playing it--and that's just by yourself.

I believe this is what you are referring to?

He isn't giving an estimated play time for a hardcore gamer.. it seems more like he is admitting the absolute maximum time someone could enjoy this for in single player mode

I do think you misrepresented something, and that something is highlighted

So My question goes out to all of you. Did you just not understand what he said?

I'm still not sure I get it.

If I play Pet Dogz 2 (Wii) for 50 hours, does that mean I'm hardcore?

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:

if you are enjoying yourself and are setting new challenges and goals for yourself throughout those 50 hours, then why the hell not?

That said, I haven't played Pet Dogz 2 (Wii), so i'm not sure that there is genuinely 50 hours of fresh material in the game to achieve such a state

^yeah, that would have to be one of the most hardcore things i could think of, devoting yourself to a game like that for 50 hours...dude that would be intense

Around the Network
hanafuda said:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6200061.html

That said, Miyamoto believes that Wii Music will prove as time-intensive as any other offering. "I think you'll find people who are as hardcore playing Wii Music as any other game," he said. "I have found that, as a single player, you can spend over three hours arranging a single song. Since there's 50 songs, simple math tells you that you can spend 150 hours playing it--and that's just by yourself. I am actually getting concerned about how much I'm playing it!"

Seen as Nintendo themselves are basically the ones that created the whole core/casual categorization thing, it's pretty amusing that nobody ever explained it to Miyamoto..

I think you guys may have misread what he said.  He only said that Wii Music is just as time-intensive as any other game and that he believes that hardcore players would enjoy it.  He never said anything about the game being "hardcore" (a very loosly defined genre btw).  He only said that he thinks hardcore players would enjoy it.

tabsina said:
hanafuda said:

if you are enjoying yourself and are setting new challenges and goals for yourself throughout those 50 hours, then why the hell not?

That said, I haven't played Pet Dogz 2 (Wii), so i'm not sure that there is genuinely 50 hours of fresh material in the game to achieve such a state

In summary then, Wii Music is casual, but if you spend enough time with it, then you are hardcore.

PSN - hanafuda

@hanafuda

wierd... everytime I hear Nintendo refference the three terms core, hardcore and casual they use it in relation to time and core being a totally different usuage; involving the trending sales of a game 'series' and the people who continue to buy it.

It's usually the elitist that would claim they are hardcore while the hardcore are busy being hardcore, to recieve compensation games became hardcore and with that perverse definition of hardcore then it's easy to understand seeing as how accepted the latter is any confusion that may have been incurred.

But I do not recall Nintendo saying a game is hardcore and in this sentence it's clear that Miyamoto is talking about time spent and that the game can facilitate hardcore players; because he understands hardcore gamers as gamers who are looking to invest hours of play into a game. All he is saying is: 'There is a lot that you can do in Wii Music.'

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

to end this look here for weither or not you thik devoting yourself to wii msic could be hardcore

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46816

It would be hard to argue that people spend more time in hardcore games than casual games. I think one of the games that I played the most when I was in high school was tetris attack in multiplayer. That game is addicting.