By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto - Wii Music is hardcore? Hardcore = amount of time spent playing?

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6200061.html

That said, Miyamoto believes that Wii Music will prove as time-intensive as any other offering. "I think you'll find people who are as hardcore playing Wii Music as any other game," he said. "I have found that, as a single player, you can spend over three hours arranging a single song. Since there's 50 songs, simple math tells you that you can spend 150 hours playing it--and that's just by yourself. I am actually getting concerned about how much I'm playing it!"

Seen as Nintendo themselves are basically the ones that created the whole core/casual categorization thing, it's pretty amusing that nobody ever explained it to Miyamoto..

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Wii music = hardcore? Joke of the year confirmed?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Miyamoto needs a dictionary so he can look up "hardcore".
(>'.')>

no he's right. I seriously hate using the word hardcore/casual, because its so ambiguous, no one uses it right.

He's not saying wii music is "hardcore", he's saying you can play it hardcore. Which is true about any game. Hardcore tetris players are ungodly good. Ever see that hardcore wii play video with the person was 1 point off a perfect score in shooting.

He is using the word correctly, its just in the way the term hardcore has been defined now a days, there are two meanings to the word, he's using the older one.

I'm a hardcore Wii Sports player, I have played 108 hours of it (if you take away time I was just watching others playing it will still be over 100)

Around the Network

but it is hardcore...

Ummm... what?

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with what he said?

"I think you'll find people who are as hardcore playing Wii Music as any other game," is true. Just look on youtube.

Nintendo defines gaming, defines what each generation means
Miyamoto is Nintendo

Therefore, Miyamoto defines what gaming is.

So everyone, pens out, blue ink. Write this 20 times

"My definition of hardcore is wrong"

I'll help you out with the definitions, paraphrased from our God, Miyamoto

core - Anyone who identifies themselves as a gamer
extended - Anyone who bought a Wii/Ds for things like Brain Age and Wii Fit
hardcore gamer - Anyone who plays games alot
casual gamer - Ayone who plays games infrequently or for short periods
hardcore game - doesn't exist, any game can be played in a casual fashion, or a hardcore fashion

Miyamoto it's completely right :)

Joke of the year? Try to play it first instead of talking based on stupid pre-conceptions...

yeah and miyamoto is an idiot..his 20 odd years of making multi million hits is basically a pure fluke...you should be praised for posting and twisting this news the way you did...well done! i am enlighted