By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ten Golden Rules of Successful Handheld Consoles

Khuutra said:
Munkeh111 said:
I don't get why the PSP gets so much hate in general. It has a good library of games, and certainly SE is supporting it strongly, and there have been some fantastic games on the console, even if they are quite similar to the console experience, if the game is so good in the first place, why would you want to completely change that for portable play?

Because it is supposed to be portable. There's no way I could play Chains of Olympus unless I was fairly isolated compared to when I play, say, Fire Emblem.

Then just play CoO on easy if you can be distracted. Though that is the best game on the system (probably) most are more suited for portable play, as devs have realised they cant get away with PS2 ports as much

Around the Network

It would have been nice if an article with such a lofty title had been more than a PSP bashfest - after all there are plenty of handhelds that did worse than it.

how is this not trolling? if made a post pointing out 10 negative/mocking points on the wii - i would 17 messages/warnings from mods.

and btw I love my PSP and I dont mess with homebrew. I even support Sony's efforts to fight it. If it actually had a purpose that wasnt to cut developers out, I might support it.

oh I 2nd the notion that this was a horrible misuse of a great headline

Munkeh111 said:
I don't get why the PSP gets so much hate in general. 

• Analysts hate it because they feel it made them look like fools. 
  • DS fans hate it because they were mocked by PSP fans in 2004/2005.

(that's probably 90% of the hate right there)

Around the Network

There have been all of three truly dominating portable systems in the history of the industry.

I don't think we've got enough of a pattern going here to really list ten rules that don't amount to "make a Nintendo system".

11. The handheld must have an unbricker in case it gets bricked. That way, you can pirate without worrying about the company hunting it down and paralyzing it, because you can always undo it.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

RolStoppable said:
It's hard to tell if this article is meant to be serious or sarcastic.

The first golden rule is that it has pokemanz.

I agree with the rest of the list :P

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I got the fact that it was sarcasm about halfway into rule 1, didn't pick up that it was PSP hate until rule 3. Good read.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective