By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NEW KILLZONE 2 trailer : BEST GRAPHICS EVER confirmed

Xen said:
tarheel91 said:
What an inaccurate title. I fail to see how a CG trailer proves anything about graphics. Plus, all that gray and brown is hardly beautiful to me. Sure, it'll undoubtedly be very detailed and epic, but beautiful is not a word I'd used to describe such a bland world.

I'm not making a comment about the gameplay, only about the visual presentation.

Uhm, that's not CG. That's in game engine.

Actually, that's mostly gameplay, just recorded and shown via different camera angles.

Around the Network

I preordered my copy last night. Killzone 2 looks sick!!!! I'm so glad the KZ2 cast didn't OD on 'roids because I was worried that they may be copying Gears.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

leo-j said:
@making music

Cant you post screens?

And get my PSN account perma-banned?  lol, no. 

Tbh, I don't think I can do much more thank mention that I'm IN the beta.

I hope the time comes when we can choose between the 3rd and 1st person view

Apparently open beta starts next Month!!

Around the Network

@makingmusic

How would they know?

mM

Just trust me. They would. ;)

makingmusic476 said:
Xen said:
tarheel91 said:
What an inaccurate title. I fail to see how a CG trailer proves anything about graphics. Plus, all that gray and brown is hardly beautiful to me. Sure, it'll undoubtedly be very detailed and epic, but beautiful is not a word I'd used to describe such a bland world.

I'm not making a comment about the gameplay, only about the visual presentation.

Actually, that's mostly gameplay, just recorded and shown via different camera angles.

Yeah, I know :)

makingmusic476 said:
Xen said:
tarheel91 said:

Oh, I see.  I never understood why developers didn't make it explicitly clear they were using gameplay/the game engine.  Wouldn't that be a good thing?  Regardless, my second point still stands.  Brown and grey =/= beautiful.  I won't even bring the issue of PC graphics into this.

Then how are the visuals in the beta? IN your opinion?

mM