By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - should I get Vista or an X360

perpride said:
Barozi said:
perpride said:
Vista...it will look a lot better and you will have a lot more exclusives to look out for.

Yeah. Because there are so many games which run only on Vista.

@_melvidan

You could also wait for a warez group to release a XP-patch for Alan Wake. I see (almost) no problem, when you own the original game and want to play it on your OS of choice.

I'm clearly referring to windows-only games like Starcraft and Diablo III.

I know. That's why the red sentence is wrong.

He already has a good computer and would have less exclusives, if he stays with it and doesn't buy a 360

Around the Network

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Scottie said:
"if there are any 360 owning girls in the audience, I'd like to introduce you to my good mate mevildan. I hear he's great in the sack"

You Scottie, are a smart fella.

Stan85 said:
Jo21 said:
the 360 version won't look exactly like the PC version.
thats fact.

if you want to get the best graphics PC is the way to go... and many 360 games will likely end up in pc after a while.

you can find vista licence for less 70$ in some places.

Many people are against the 360 and you should be aware. The hardware will be as reliable as the ps3 in November or December and you know the software lineup is and will be amaising. Comparing the 360 to ps3 is rubbish,the games are what matters.

Publishers/Developers are concern about PC piracy and everyone knows that`s true. So there are many 360/ps3 only games,but no PC version. Why? Money. Obvios.

I don`t trust Vista,XP feels more stable and I don`t want to have pc problems like send/don`t send,framerate lagg in big scenes,etc. At 200$ and all those exclusive games + easy to play pc/360 games + 360/ps3 games only...what a great deal.

Don`t you think?

Dude, Vista is far cheaper than a Xbox 360 AND Xbox 360 games are much more expensive than PC games. It IS a better deal because PC has 99% of ALL 360 games.

Games developed: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54183

70% PC
43% Consoles
    31% Xbox 360
    25% PS3
    18% Wii
    6% PS2
28% Web-based platforms
16% Handhelds
    12% DS
    7% PSP

Fable 2? Gears of War 2? How much will you bet on them not coming to PC?

shio said:
Stan85 said:
Jo21 said:
thats fact.

if you want to get the best graphics PC is the way to go... and many 360 games will likely end up in pc after a while.

Many people are against the 360 and you should be aware. The hardware will be as reliable as the ps3 in November or December and you know the software lineup is and will be amaising. Comparing the 360 to ps3 is rubbish,the games are what matters.

Publishers/Developers are concern about PC piracy and everyone knows that`s true. So there are many 360/ps3 only games,but no PC version. Why? Money. Obvios.

I don`t trust Vista,XP feels more stable and I don`t want to have pc problems like send/don`t send,framerate lagg in big scenes,etc. At 200$ and all those exclusive games + easy to play pc/360 games + 360/ps3 games only...what a great deal.

Don`t you think?

Dude, Vista is far cheaper than a Xbox 360 AND new Xbox 360 games are much more expensive than new PC games. It IS a better deal because PC has 99% of ALL 360 games. Wrong. 45 out of my 124 games aren't on the PC (36,3 %)

Dude, the idea of getting a new OS, because of a game is stupid. Gaming is only a small part of an OS. If he buys Vista he need to upgrade some other parts of his computer to play the games on the same performance level and even more to use nice DirectX 10 effects.

70% PC
43% Consoles
31% Xbox 360
25% PS3
18% Wii
6% PS2
28% Web-based platforms
16% Handhelds
12% DS
7% PSP

Maybe he doesn't want to wait like uhm... over 12 months for these games to arrive

axumblade said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Stan85 said:
Jo21 said:
thats fact.

Don`t you think?

Dude, Vista is far cheaper than a Xbox 360 AND new Xbox 360 games are much more expensive than new PC games. It IS a better deal because PC has 99% of ALL 360 games. Wrong. 45 out of my 124 games aren't on the PC (36,3 %)

Dude, the idea of getting a new OS, because of a game is stupid. Gaming is only a small part of an OS. If he buys Vista he need to upgrade some other parts of his computer to play the games on the same performance level and even more to use nice DirectX 10 effects.

70% PC
43% Consoles
31% Xbox 360
25% PS3
18% Wii
6% PS2
28% Web-based platforms
16% Handhelds
12% DS
7% PSP

Maybe he doesn't want to wait like uhm... over 12 months for these games to arrive

Hey! It's getting better...it's only a....umm...about 3-4 month wait as of recent times. ;) Sometimes same day if it's something that tends to get ignored on the PC in the first place.

12 months minimum with games published by Microsoft Game Studios (except for Alan Wake)

6 months with high profile games not published by MGS. Mass Effect (Now EA), Assassin's Creed, GTA IV for example.

Just curious. Which games do you have in mind, that came out 3-4 months later on PC ?

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Barozi said:
axumblade said:
Barozi said:
shio said:
Stan85 said:
Jo21 said:
thats fact.

Don`t you think?

70% PC
43% Consoles
31% Xbox 360
25% PS3
18% Wii
6% PS2
28% Web-based platforms
16% Handhelds
12% DS
7% PSP

Hey! It's getting better...it's only a....umm...about 3-4 month wait as of recent times. ;) Sometimes same day if it's something that tends to get ignored on the PC in the first place.

12 months minimum with games published by Microsoft Game Studios (except for Alan Wake)

6 months with high profile games not published by MGS. Mass Effect (Now EA), Assassin's Creed, GTA IV for example.

Just curious. Which games do you have in mind, that came out 3-4 months later on PC ?

It was meant to be more of an average between the 5-6 month late release dates (Devil May Cry 4, Assassin's Creed) and same day release dates (Fallout 3, Far Cry 2).

why so defensive?

Wasn't Morrowind released first on the PC and later ported to XBOX ? And as far as I know Oblivion was released simultaniously on PC and the 360 (like Fallout 3)

Far Cry was a former PC exclusive.... However Far Cry 2 has new devs and nothing to do with Far Cry......

I'm not defensive. I just pointed out, that the games shio mentioned (Fable 2 and Gears 2) can be played on the 360 now and a possible PC port is faraway.

^axum you've played the PC version of Fable right? I remember it was a headache to get working, and even when it was working it was a headache to play because of glitches.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

axumblade said:
Barozi said:
axumblade said:

It was meant to be more of an average between the 5-6 month late release dates (Devil May Cry 4, Assassin's Creed) and same day release dates (Fallout 3, Far Cry 2).

why so defensive?

Wasn't Morrowind released first on the PC and later ported to XBOX ? And as far as I know Oblivion was released simultaniously on PC and the 360 (like Fallout 3)

Far Cry was a former PC exclusive.... However Far Cry 2 has new devs and nothing to do with Far Cry......

I'm not defensive. I just pointed out, that the games shio mentioned (Fable 2 and Gears 2) can be played on the 360 now and a possible PC port is faraway.

Ah. I was meaning to at least agree with that. Especially considering that they weren't "planning to make gears for the pc"

http://kotaku.com/5043725/no-gears-of-war-2-for-you-pc-gamers

I'm not saying it's not coming but I could see them waiting about 6 months and then saying "hey. guess what's coming out!"

No doubt that this will happen. They are going to announce the PC version in May 09 and the port will be released in November 09. Exactly 12 months later :)