By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - should I get Vista or an X360

the game will be released in something like +10 months !!!!

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I`ve been a PC player for a long time and will not stop. But when you have the option of insert&play, optimisation and steady framerate,it`s hard to ignore. I will never stop loving the PC,but developers/publishers are turning to consoles for profit and forgetting the PC because of piracy. The cost of PC optimisation is more or less then the consoles one,so it`s piracy.

Also,i`m tired of upgradin for more frames per second and see how my expensive PC turns into a cheap PC in about 12-24 months. The consoles lifetime is measured in years,not months.

And then there`s the controller,that is simple and i like that against my keyboard. Plus,games look good on my plasma.

So i say get a 360 for AW and other games,but try to find a Jasper model ( November or December) or,if you can delay your purchase in January or February,i say go for it. Just my 2 cents.

I can tell you that i`ve played Gears and Mass Effect on PC and then on the 360. What a difference on the 360. Even if you connect your pc to plasma or lcd,it will never play the same(confortable,anywhere in the room,co-op,steady frame rate).

I player Far Cry 2 and it looks like Crysis,so i`m pleased with my 360. Like i said,wait for the Jasper model so you can sleep well at night and not be bother by the rrod booghyman. The Falcon model is very reliable,the Jasper one will continue that trend.

mevildan, what about getting another 8800GTS? That dual boot setup is gonna be annoying though, my friend had to dual boot linux and windows it looked like a pain.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Squilliam said:
_mevildan said:
Xen said:
Get a 360 only if you want more of its exclusives. Buying a console for just one game doesn't make any sense to me.

You are probably right. Vista I can get cheaper, but if I had an X360, I would probably get Fable 2 as well, unless that is coming out for PC in the near future. Eish. Decisions decisions.

Quite probable that when it comes out it will be Vista only.

Hmm Xbox 360 or PC?

Take the option you'll enjoy the most! Thats all I can really say. But it also depends on whether or not you feel that your graphics card is coming to the end of its life. If you do then you'll have to add that cost on, but I guess with a 360 you could delay that cost.

Thanks for the reply. Strange, but owning an X360 and a PS3 almost seems sinful to me. Almost hedonistic. My buddy wants to buy an X360 or PS3. I have been telling him to save up and buy a 360, because they are about half the price of a Playstation 3 here. He will be sad if I get an X360 too.

I am probably jumping the gun with this thread. I need to wait for the recommended specs to be released and see how it compares to the X360 version graphically, stability-wise etc.

I WOULD love a 360, though.

Grahamhsu said:
mevildan, what about getting another 8800GTS? That dual boot setup is gonna be annoying though, my friend had to dual boot linux and windows it looked like a pain.

Hmm. 2 8800GTS... Actually, here's another question. Have all the screenies etc shown so far been off an X360 or PC?

Around the Network

Screens shown so far have been PC build I believe they have specs of how they're using the 360. Here are the 360 specs I can't make sense of them but hopefully you can >

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

i think many of Vista's problems that thwarted it's image in the first place was solved by those service packs. Since the image is already bad you'll still hear many ppl complain and waste it down. However it would still be a good bet if you want to run AW on it.
However your specs are a bit of a bare minimum so u might want to upgrade and do a cost analysis between that and the 360, along with the possible games you'd like to play in the future.
I was under the impression that Fable 2 is coming out for PC.

Personally I would take PC games over console games anyday.

If you and your friends buy a 360,you can play online together. What`s wrong with that? You can play all the exclusive games for the 360 off and online.

You already have a gaming pc,why need more? And don`t put Vista in your pc,stick with the XP sp2. "Jump in" with the 360 lol.

Stan85 said:
If you and your friends buy a 360,you can play online together. What`s wrong with that? You can play all the exclusive games for the 360 off and online.

You already have a gaming pc,why need more? And don`t put Vista in your pc,stick with the XP sp2. "Jump in" with the 360 lol.

My PC is OK for gaming right now. Crysis gives it a bit of beating, but I am not a high-res whore, so it's ok. If I want to keep running games on high details I will need to upgrade pretty soon, though.

Vista...it will look a lot better and you will have a lot more exclusives to look out for.