By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - should I get Vista or an X360

If your friends getting an Xbox 360, you could share games. It actually makes economic sense if you can cut your game costs down by about $100 or more a year by sharing games between you and your friend like I used to do. You'd save more than enough to justify the purchase even if you still ended up buying Vista and upgrading your PC to play Alan Wake.

On top of this, you have the chance to play a few more excellent games and most importantly delve into the wonderful world of Xbox Live Arcade and soon XNA.

Tease.

Around the Network

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am going to play some Dead Space and then it will be sleepy time. I will check this thread again tomorrow for more replies.

the 360 version won't look exactly like the PC version.
thats fact.

if you want to get the best graphics PC is the way to go... and many 360 games will likely end up in pc after a while.

you can find vista licence for less 70$ in some places.

Get vista

axumblade said:
_mevildan said:
Xen said:
Get a 360 only if you want more of its exclusives. Buying a console for just one game doesn't make any sense to me.

You are probably right. Vista I can get cheaper, but if I had an X360, I would probably get Fable 2 as well, unless that is coming out for PC in the near future. Eish. Decisions decisions.

There are also a lot of good PC games coming out within the next year. I dont know about the specs behind Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Sims 3 or any other game that's coming out yet (of course) but I know I'm upgrading my pc to play those games specifically.

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 and Sims 3 won't need much upgrades. He can set the graphics to maximum easily without upgrading or installing Vista.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
the 360 version won't look exactly like the PC version.
thats fact.

if you want to get the best graphics PC is the way to go... and many 360 games will likely end up in pc after a while.

you can find vista licence for less 70$ in some places.

Many people are against the 360 and you should be aware. The hardware will be as reliable as the ps3 in November or December and you know the software lineup is and will be amaising. Comparing the 360 to ps3 is rubbish,the games are what matters.

Publishers/Developers are concern about PC piracy and everyone knows that`s true. So there are many 360/ps3 only games,but no PC version. Why? Money. Obvios.

I don`t trust Vista,XP feels more stable and I don`t want to have pc problems like send/don`t send,framerate lagg in big scenes,etc. At 200$ and all those exclusive games + easy to play pc/360 games + 360/ps3 games only...what a great deal.

Don`t you think?

perpride said:
Vista...it will look a lot better and you will have a lot more exclusives to look out for.

Yeah. Because there are so many games which run only on Vista.

@_melvidan

You could also wait for a warez group to release a XP-patch for Alan Wake. I see (almost) no problem, when you own the original game and want to play it on your OS of choice.

Asking for vista on a gaming fourm?

lol

Get the XBOX, vista is god awful for games.

Barozi said:
perpride said:
Vista...it will look a lot better and you will have a lot more exclusives to look out for.

Yeah. Because there are so many games which run only on Vista.

@_melvidan

You could also wait for a warez group to release a XP-patch for Alan Wake. I see (almost) no problem, when you own the original game and want to play it on your OS of choice.

I'm clearly referring to windows-only games like Starcraft and Diablo III.

I hesitate to recommend Vista to anyone. If i was in your situation, I would probably buy a 360 Arcade, then buy a harddrive for it later if you find you want one.

actually, your best bet would be to find a girlfriend who already owns a 360 :P

if there are any 360 owning girls in the audience, I'd like to introduce you to my good mate mevildan. I hear he's great in the sack