By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why is Left 4 Dead so hyped

cool48 said:

I've been hearing so much hype about Valve's upcomming game Left 4 Dead and I can't seem to understand why.

I've tried watching dozens of gameplay videos, trailers, interviews etc.. and I can't see what is so good about this game.
The one thing I find cool is the online co-op but still Resistance 2(which I will be getting) will have co-op with 8 players + a single player campaign and a whole lot of competitive modes.

Maybe it's just because I find that Valve's games have been really overrated (except for CSS and Portal). I've been really trying to get back into PC gaming since I got my PS3 but up to now the only game that interests me is Crysis Warhead.

So why is Lef 4 Dead so highly anticipated? Is it because it's another Valve game? Is it because of the online co-op?

Because up to now I can't really find anything that interesting about the game.

Reasons:

------------

1. Valve is creating the game

2. It has zombies in it

3. It's running off of the Counter-Strike engine

4. It's a fast paced survival shooter, unlike house of the dead and it's likeness. It looks like it will take alot of teamwork and watching each others backs. I like this concept, because Zombies can creep up from behined you and it's been said that you cannot survive this game on your own, so it adds extra difficulty.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Don't know but people here think that I'll be bigger that LBP.

Whoever said Left 4 Dead will be bigger than LBP is a moron. That statement is so false it's a mystery why anyone would say such a thing.

The good news is there will be a emo coming around the end of october for 360 and PC so we can get our hands on it and see if it lives up to the hype. I am excited for the reason everyone states above.

I think a demo is always a good sign

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Left 4 Dead has earned numerous awards coming out of this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angles, California . Many media outlets are still publishing their “Best Of E3” stories, but here’s a quick look at the honors earned so far:

• E3 Game Critics Awards: Left 4 Dead wins Best Online Multiplayer game.
• Kotaku.com: Kotaku's Best of E3 Picks: Best PC Game, Best Action Game, Best Online Multiplayer Game
• NY Times: The World’s a Stage for Interactive Entertainment as Creativity Glows
• 1up.com: 1UP's Best of E3 2008
• UGO.com: Best PC Game - Left 4 Dead
• UGO.com: Best Mutiplayer Game
• IGN.com: Best Multiplayer Experience
• PlanetXbox: Best First Person Action Gaming
• PlatformNation.com: Best Game of Show
• Maxim: The 5 Unsung Games of E3 2008
• Venture Beat: Top 10 Sleepers of the Show

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
The good news is there will be a emo coming around the end of october for 360 and PC so we can get our hands on it and see if it lives up to the hype. I am excited for the reason everyone states above.

I think a demo is always a good sign

hehe lol

Emos - very sneaky.

Anyway, I'll still play the Demo, whether or not there's emos to shoot

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

I don't even need to type anything, the picture should be enough.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I say number 1 is that it is a valve game

So why is Lef 4 Dead so highly anticipated?

Weird question. IT IS FROM VALVE. V A L V E. *sigh*

i guess since i is a valve game that already has something good going for it.

I probably won't earn many friends for saying this, but I am not a fan of Valve. Half-life was absolutely great, but Half-life 2 is a game I find bizarrely lauded and loved. HL2 : Episode 1 was borderline garbage, but Episode 2 was actually quite cool.

They are hit or miss I think, not guarenteed gold as many believe. I have purchased HL1, HL2, HL2:EP1 and the Orange Box, but I won't be getting this game methinks.