By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Gameplay - Snake Is A Dirty Old Man

Sorry, did he cockpunch the guy he held up?

My only concern was the lack of any AI intelligence, but this was a gameplay demo, not a game. "Hey Fred, what sounds like a barrel rolling towards us? Oh? That? That's a barrel that's going to hit us John. Don't react, just go flying. We're in a gameplay demo!"

Does look cool. Wish I had the patience for stealth games.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

I have never seen a game with so much detail and polish before. Everything from the biggest aspects (3 different ways to play the game, huge open world, extremely detailed and beautiful graphics) to the tiniest things (actual women's pics on the mag, the grenade trajectory from Gears, the PS3 controller to control the drone).

Seriously if the whole game plays out this well and it has a good story then this is the best game I have ever seen.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

WOW, I love the camo and the croutched walk, that has been missing for awhile. don't know about the "ass" crawl, that was kinda weird. The drum can roll was funny too.

If this is a playable demo, I WANT IT!

I'll download the 720p vid., I'll post my opinion later :D

This game looks really amazing and fun. The gameplay in the demo looks a bit like Freedom Fighter.

Around the Network

This was one of the games I was really looking forward to and I have to say that I think we watched different videos.

I thought the statue thing was neat, but my first thought was how many times am I going to need to hide when there is a statue right there for me? The barrel I liked until he rolled in it...I am trying to figure out how those PMCs got knocked out by a barrel rolling at like 0.5 mph.

The graphics look amazing, but I was expecting that. The AI looked pretty weak and the PMCs seemed oblivious to snake even when he is right in front of their face.

The rest of it was honestly stuff I was expecting. I don't want you guys to get the wrong impression the game looks great, no doubt. But at no point did I get a "wow" or anything close to it when watching this and I was extremely looking forward to the video. I saw what I expected and honestly not much more. This game is going to be AAA and its going to fly off the shelves and probably will sell some consoles as well, but I can't help but feel like I watched a different video.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Amazing, 260mb isnt much My comuter has a 300gig HD, and 2gigs of ram hehehehe. This game looks outstanding. The gameplay is awsome, and the srategy is high end.

mM

Metal gear solid NuFF said PS3 baby!!!

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

The "ass crawl" was one of my favorite things...I don't know how useful it will end up being, but quick turning around onto your back, and shooting a guy off the top of the building behind is pretty sweet.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
The "ass crawl" was one of my favorite things...I don't know how useful it will end up being, but quick turning around onto your back, and shooting a guy off the top of the building behind is pretty sweet.

That and lobbing a grenade on the ground were the highlights for me as well =P

To Each Man, Responsibility