By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Gameplay - Snake Is A Dirty Old Man

Also, I remembered reading somewhere else that that demo was done on easy difficulty

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

@kono, wtf do you mean? the japanese can't handle 3D? the game IS 3D, please explain b4 someone smacks you.

@tispower, ENDLESS ways to proceed, you can choose sides or not, go this way or that, wipe out all of country A's defensives or help them w/o their knowledge. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can't stand it............... me wanna play.

vizunary said:
@kono, wtf do you mean? the japanese can't handle 3D? the game IS 3D, please explain b4 someone smacks you.

@tispower, ENDLESS ways to proceed, you can choose sides or not, go this way or that, wipe out all of country A's defensives or help them w/o their knowledge. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii can't stand it............... me wanna play.

I think I would help the militia, as so far they seem to be losing =)

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

ckmlb said:
I think people are taking the change of the way the combat too lightly. Saying that it's essentially the same with the option to go into FPS mode is wrong because MGS never used to play this action packed before, it seems that the game will be more of a mix between stealth in some parts and 3rd shooter in others.

Also, the new camera positions, over the shoulder, are an amazing decision. There is literally one thing more I would have wanted and that would have been using the cover system that Gears used. That would have been a great addition too.

I think you may of hit on why we differ so much actually. I have always played these games hardcore stealth mode. So jumping into the fray there was not a big thing for me.  Usually for me boss battles were enough action  and the majority of the levels were the stealth.  If you were looking for more action in the game I can see where you are more impressed than I am. I am thankful however that it is optional to get involved in the heavy combat and not a requirement (at least in that instance it was anyways).

To Each Man, Responsibility

This game looks AWESOME.

Definatly on my buy list. I've never played an MGS game before.

Around the Network
vizunary said:

Here's a part of an interview with Kojima about it ( from http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3140852 ): "HK: ... For Metal Gear Solid 3, when I was creating it, we received many comments about the camera and such, about how it's an old-type camera, the view is of an old type, but I thought that MGS 1-2-3 is almost like a trilogy, so I wanted to keep that camera to keep the trilogy of Metal Gear Solid in accordance. But actually, when we created MGS3, we were experimenting with a new 3D camera, which the press and everyone always requested. I have a weakness for 3D sickness, so I wanted to overcome that, but I also wanted to experience, in MGS4, a new 3D camera that doesn't make me sick. We're experimenting with this, and we thought okay, if we're going to have MGS3 Subsistence as a complete package, why don't we put a 3D camera in MGS3 Subsistence as well?" Anyway what I meant is not that Japanese can't handle 3D games but some like probably most FPS and others games that has the camera on the back of the character like Splinter Cell for example. There's also different level of 3D sickness some people just can't play any 3D games that has the camera moving at all others will just feel sick when the 3D camera shift very fast and the frame rate is very low like in Quake. This problem also exist in the North America but much less then in Japan I guess. I live in Canada and I my girlfriend has that problem, that is why she just plays 2D game. I also had 3D sickness playing Quake 2 and a game like F-Zero.

Just watched the trailer, the game looks like a hell lot of fun. You can do lots of stuff. I liked all the sneaking and crawling around.

I will definetaly (that's the word?) get it for my PC :D