By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is 360 the reason why FF 13/versus isnt coming out until 2010

because of the porting and translations or is it just something else

Around the Network

A release date hasn't been announced yet.

Versus is not even coming to 360......

FFXIII is releasing in 2009 for Japan, translation for NA and EU takes about 6 months and in that time the 360 version will be made so it has nothing to do with release dates or delays.

^thats what i was talking about the translation for 13 not versus
sorry for the mistake

Kingdizzii said:

FFXIII is releasing in 2009 for Japan, translation for NA and EU takes about 6 months and in that time the 360 version will be made so it has nothing to do with release dates or delays.

6 months for translation??? Did you know movies get translated in about 1-3 weeks... You can also start the localization before the game is out. After all, translation is taking the script and rewriting the lines into another language. The game doesn't need to be finished to do that. Same goes for recording the VA. Also, FF XIII VS is delayed because the game can't be released before FFXIII.

So, the game is delayed because of Xbox 360.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

From what we know so far :

FFXIII

all team are working on PS3 version (japan),

when the game will be ready, it will be released on japan

THEN they will adpat the PS3 version to PAL/NA territory + make the xbox360 version

when it is ready, it willbe released in PAL/NA

VERSUS XIII

we know nothing, it is a PS3 only game

Last note :
- possible FXIII xbox360 port in japan not excluded
- possible Versus XIII xbox360 not excluded

Time to Work !

Godot said:
Kingdizzii said:

6 months for translation??? Did you know movies get translated in about 1-3 weeks... You can also start the localization before the game is out. After all, translation is taking the script and rewriting the lines into another language. The game doesn't need to be finished to do that. Same goes for recording the VA. Also, FF XIII VS is delayed because the game can't be released before FFXIII.

So, the game is delayed because of Xbox 360.

Dude... have you checked the FF release dates in the past???

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

All I know is that localization is when the 360 version will be made and also Nomura as well as Kitase are pissed off with Wada due to the game going on 360. The port will be done by some C team at SE so the port might take even longer, add on all the changes which will have to be made one has to think about Wada being an absolute idiot. He made the deal himself, pissed off his 2 star employees for what, another 2 million sales?

Kingdizzii said:
All I know is that localization is when the 360 version will be made and also Nomura as well as Kitase are pissed off with Wada due to the game going on 360. The port will be done by some C team at SE so the port might take even longer, add on all the changes which will have to be made one has to think about Wada being an absolute idiot. He made the deal himself, pissed off his 2 star employees for what, another 2 million sales?

Which could be the difference of breaking even in costs so he can save his company and all his employees from getting fired... It's not cheap to make big HD Games like FFXiii..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

No the reason is that SE takes a million years with every main Final Fantasy game.