By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 is doing ok but considering...

They make profit on each console sold even with that low pricepoint.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol the point starcraft is consumer demand

why oh why is PS3 stil outsellign 360 in EU despite 360 beign merely £10 costlier than PS2??

answer the questiont he OP posted.....if you can't answer it don't post in the thread

Question 1:

Why is the more expensive PS3 keeping pace with the cheaper Xbox 360 with better games, online and advertising?

Answer 1:

Brandname

Question 2:

Do developers give a damn?

Answer 2:

No

lol wut???

ps3 is getting the big games too and u know that

kowenicki said:
Or another way of looking at things........

PS3 offers great value considering its amazing capabilities (even considering the pricepoint) and with the insane amount of brand power and rich history of gaming why is it failing so badly?

Languishing in 3rd place unable to make up any ground since its launch, further behind both the 360 an wii than it was at launch.... how can this be?

see what i did there.... if not i will explain... I manipulated the facts to appear all doom and gloom, much like this and all the other 360 failing threads....

How about it being at a $399 in the US and $599 in the UK (£299).

How about GT5, FF13 not being released yet? (Two of it's biggest games)

How about Blu-Ray prices being relativly high (£24.99 in the UK on average)?

How about it's online not being as good as the 360's yet?

How about hardly any RPG'S being released for Japan?

360 has it's biggest games out, 360 is dirt cheap, 360 has great online.

I tried to get an arcade for £99 but there were none available. I read Game or one of the other big game stores bought up all the inventory from Sainsbury's. If someone knows where to get a 360 at this price please provide a link.

Also, PS3 fanboys have been saying since the release of the PS3 that it is better value because it has blu-ray, built in wireless and free online support. Now that Microsoft has reduced the price of the arcade (which is the only SKU that Sony fanboys refer to) PS3 fanboys don't use that argument.

Look at it this way: using the original PS3 fanboy logic, they offer comparable value at their respective price points, and sell similar numbers.

papflesje said:
Fallout is a game they CAN use because of the additional DLC if they please, therefore it is in the list.

It is also a huge game for console owner, no matter which console.

It's one of the biggest games this year, and the xbox can (perhaps should?) use the exclusive part to its advantage.

And I expect every regular visitor of this site to be a gamer, knowing that the game also appears on the PS3.

puhhh-lease we can see right now what the GTA 4 DLC did for MS.....NOTHING!

they don't even have a 2:1 lead over Ps3 GTA 4.

Most people won't give a damn about any DLC at all.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The 360 does everything right, but people just don't trust it yet.

But still, they CAN use it to their advantage.

Same way that both console makers use multiplats to boost their "look at our lineup" too.

I just put Fallout up there because it's the biggest multiplat (with DLC as an edge for the xbox, no matter how you turn and twist it), not to bash the PS3

papflesje said:
But still, they CAN use it to their advantage.

Same way that both console makers use multiplats to boost their "look at our lineup" too.

I just put Fallout up there because it's the biggest multiplat (with DLC as an edge for the xbox, no matter how you turn and twist it), not to bash the PS3

Then why did PS3 outsell 360 on GTA 4 launch week

despite M$ having a HUGE add in EU sayin --- "now from £199 with Xbox only DLC"

seriously if GTA 4 DLC couldn't help it....I doubt Fallout DLC will....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

blackstar said:
because there is a wii
because 80% of gamers are casual , they prefer the wii :D

No, 10% of gamers are casual and prefer the Wii. 40% seem to have fallen into a ditch somewhere and the other 50% are shared between the 360 and PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

blackstar said:
starcraft said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol the point starcraft is consumer demand

why oh why is PS3 stil outsellign 360 in EU despite 360 beign merely £10 costlier than PS2??

answer the questiont he OP posted.....if you can't answer it don't post in the thread

Question 1:

Why is the more expensive PS3 keeping pace with the cheaper Xbox 360 with better games, online and advertising?

Answer 1:

Brandname

Question 2:

Do developers give a damn?

Answer 2:

No

lol wut???

ps3 is getting the big games too and u know that

I know, I didnt say they didnt.

But the OP is acting as though the current sales situation will have an effect on game distribution, when the reality is it will not.

Every single game made by a third party from now till the end of the generation will come to both consoles, unless Sony or Microsoft intervene.

The only possible exception are games that dont come to PS3 from small developers that cannot afford to make games for the platform.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS