By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Are There So Many Box Art Look-alikes?

Master Chief a Lombax confirmed

Around the Network

Console shooters in the pictures there look like they are paying homage to Master Chief there (LOL).

I'm a graphic designer and I will tell you the answer: cause we are lazy!!!

Jk.. Most of the time when you get an assignment like this, the videogamecompany doesn't let you have any freedom at all.. they provide the images that you can use and 99% of the time they will say something like: "Do you know the cover of *insert game here*?? Something like that..."

And there are those generic rules that will sell a game based on boxart:

"A Dynamic pose" concept works the best to attract attention to a box cover so the gamebox shouts there is a lot of action & fun in the game..

or the "Stuff it full with everything" concept.. cause that will look like it's a big game with full of possibilties..

And lately there is the "EPIC" concept where it resembles a big budget Movie.. You get a feeling from the boxart that the game is reaaaallly epic and once in a lifetime experience..

but these rules are more for the male teen crowd..

For the girls and soccermoms:

A Smile on the boxart, cute animal, cute anything, lots of white, simpel to the point & did I already said a smile on the boxart?

These are some rules that just work and sell games.. ofcourse I could make a fancy pancy art piece for a boxcover but when the audience sees it and thinks "wtf is this?" then I wouldn't do my job..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wiped said:
To the original poster: you said the xbox covers' "only on Xbox" was really original...then you post a really old GBA game which says "Only For" on the corner as your first pic. XD.

You just contradicted yourself. Only For =/= Only On.

@ NiKKoM: Thanks for ruining the thread. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

THQ sues Activision Blizzard over boxart

October 27th, 2008

lol, what a rip off

Around the Network

^LOL those are from different devs? LOL!

its the same game so why sue? lol

SHMUPGurus said:
Wiped said:
To the original poster: you said the xbox covers' "only on Xbox" was really original...then you post a really old GBA game which says "Only For" on the corner as your first pic. XD.

You just contradicted yourself. Only For =/= Only On.

@ NiKKoM: Thanks for ruining the thread. :/

I hope you're joking. The word may be different but they both convey the same meaning in their contexts.  So yes, Only on=Only for, in this case.

Now you'll probably reply and say my sarcasm detector is broken or something like that...

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

americans box art love their flying heads.