By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Five reasons why the PS3 will never pass the 360 in lifetime sales

RolStoppable said:

(...)

3. Wii60 is a better combo than PS360 - The 360 has great games and a wonderful online service in Xbox Live. This likely causes many gamers to play for hours a day without having time to cook themselves a proper meal, so they'll likely order pizza or get some other fast food. Of course that's not going to be good for their health, so why not get a Wii with Wii Fit to get some exercise without having to leave the house? It makes perfect sense. As a side effect, that's the reason why Wii Fit will outsell the PS3 over its lifetime.

(...)

This one made me laugh. Thanks.

PS: Did you write a thread about Wiifit outselling the ps3 already?

Around the Network

I rate this topic a 69/10.

I salute you Rol!

Former something....

RolStoppable said:

Since it's already decided that the Wii won this generation, everyone is focused on the epic battle for second place between the 360 and the PS3. The 360 launched a year earlier and sold roughly 5.5m units before the PS3 hit store shelves. Nearly two years later the gap between the two consoles is still the same and here are five excellent reasons why the 360 will remain in front of the PS3 until both systems are discontinued:

1. Reliability - As we all know the 360 had its issues early in its lifecycle which caused Microsoft to extend the warranty to three years. Now that the 360 has been nearly three years on the market, this initiative reported by a trustworthy source should help Microsoft to sell replacement systems to current owners who were lucky enough that their launch 360s didn't break yet.

2. 10 year plan - Microsoft does what Sony does. They copied Buzz, Singstar, Gran Turismo, you name it. So it's not too far fetched that they'll copy Sony's famous 10 year plan as well. Some may argue that the 360 isn't as futureproof as the PS3, but if history has told us one thing, then it is that Microsoft is big in patching things and doing minor updates.

3. Wii60 is a better combo than PS360 - The 360 has great games and a wonderful online service in Xbox Live. This likely causes many gamers to play for hours a day without having time to cook themselves a proper meal, so they'll likely order pizza or get some other fast food. Of course that's not going to be good for their health, so why not get a Wii with Wii Fit to get some exercise without having to leave the house? It makes perfect sense. As a side effect, that's the reason why Wii Fit will outsell the PS3 over its lifetime.

4. Image - Sony isn't cool anymore. As you can read in this well researched article, the days of PlayStation are numbered. The popularity of the Halo franchise is just too overwhelming to match for Sony. I feel sorry for the author's brother too (he owns a PS3).

5. There are more important things than gaming to Sony fans - As Sony fans have become older, their lives have changed as well. They are looking into what life has to offer beyond videogames (and playing b3yond). Don't believe me? Think about this: In the week of Metal Gear Solid 4's release our good old friend DMeisterJ didn't buy a PS3. No, he decided to buy a Wii instead! And he's one of the biggest Sony and MGS fans we have here on VGC! Why would he do such a thing? The most plausible explanation is that a girl played a major role in his decision. Girls dig the Wii, so it's not unreasonable at all to assume that DMeisterJ bought a Wii to impress a girl. I bet it paid off and was worth it for him. Of course he doesn't tell us about this, because like the attention whore he is, he wants the infamous "Are you a virgin?" thread to live on forever.

1. I don't get this one. PS3 is still way more reliable. I have a friend whose 360 just red ringed about a week ago

2. 360 is not future proof. Any updates to 360 are minor at best. PS3 has had massive updates adding trophies, XMB, Improving online, and Home will be huge. Plus M$ doesn't have enough games for 10 years, i'll expand on that later.

3. Thats true if you love Gears of War, Mass effect, or Halo enough to buy a 360. Otherwise its equally good to have PSWii. Or better in some ways. You can get all the PS3 exclusives as well as PS360 multi plat games and a blu ray/DVD player. Then you still have your wii to play wii exclusives.

4. Now i'll expand on the games thing i said earlier. Okay so yes Halo is extremely popular, but thats about it. The Xbox really has a limited number of series and will rely entirely on sequels or new IP's (New IP's which are yet to be announced). They have Gears which is good and its only on #2. And mass effect. But halo is already on #3 and they're already milking it with Halo Wars and Halo Recon (I think its called). Sony still has many well anticipated sequels on their way (Resistance, Gran Turismo, God of War, etc) as well as some announced new IP's such as Heavy Rain, Eight Days, etc.  And sony is adding a new AAA franchise in LBP which could be the new "Crash Bandicoot" for Playstation.

5. Well to answer your Dmeister question. $250 is a lot less than $400. Girls like the wii because they're casual, easy games with no intensity. Also this has nothing to do with why the PS3 won't catch the 360. This is your reason why the Wii is more popular.

Heh good post. I found the last point rather amusing :D.

Around the Network

screwattack reliable? lol!
nice one! XD

Brings back memories of old debates........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I would love for PS3 LTD to pass the Wii.... just to see the reactions from it.... just to see how so many people eat a severe amount of crow....

4 ≈ One

An unexpected topic; results are obvious from the people offended by the original post.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Lol, and I think some people fell for it.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."