By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - OK you PC guys, I just don't get why mouse/keyboard FPS is such a big deal.

Avalach21 said:
LOL GET WII

NUNCHUCK = ANALOG MOVEMENT

WIIMOTE = ACCURATE AIMING

U SHOULD GET CONDUIT

i'm sorry

I love the FPS Wii controls when done right.  Metroid and MOH: Heroes 2 are awesome.  Conduit is a definite purchase for me.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

just practice your movements, I can walk an edge 2pxs wide in CS. With an analog stick I would be royally screwed doing that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Coz without a mouse and keyboard , u can't move and quickly turn or change so fast to a specific weapon like u can with a mouse + keyboard

Improvements are caused by people who complain

ssj12 said:
you have issues using a keyboard for movement... dear god, I would hate to see you in a competitive match in Unreal Tournament where keyboard movements have to be insanely accurate.

yeah, he should be ashamed that he prefers to use an analog or joystick that can track verying degrees of sensitivity to allow for more accurate control of movement, instead of having to flutter his fingers over the wasd keys in unrelated frequencies like a REAL gamer.

He should just go ahead and sell his PC games right now. He doesn't deserve to play them.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

ssj12 said:
just practice your movements, I can walk an edge 2pxs wide in CS. With an analog stick I would be royally screwed doing that.

same for me.

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:
you have issues using a keyboard for movement... dear god, I would hate to see you in a competitive match in Unreal Tournament where keyboard movements have to be insanely accurate.

yeah, he should be ashamed that he prefers to use an analog or joystick that can track verying degrees of sensitivity to allow for more accurate control of movement, instead of having to flutter his fingers over the wasd keys in unrelated frequencies like a REAL gamer.

He should just go ahead and sell his PC games right now. He doesn't deserve to play them.

What the hell??? Is he saying that? My god oversensitive.

Tch kids today... Why in my day we had to rocket jump to get the really good stuff and that takes a lot of movement control. Full speed ahead, stop in the blink of an eye! It's not that hard, unless you have spasms or you orgasm uncontrollably by which I would have to admit I would envy you if you were a girl.

dougsdad0629 said:
Avalach21 said:
LOL GET WII

NUNCHUCK = ANALOG MOVEMENT

WIIMOTE = ACCURATE AIMING

U SHOULD GET CONDUIT

i'm sorry

I love the FPS Wii controls when done right.  Metroid and MOH: Heroes 2 are awesome.  Conduit is a definite purchase for me.

Having gamed on PC for most of my years I got use to using a keyboard/mouse. Want to consoles and was HORRIBLE, the movement felt abit awkward, and the aiming was a pisser. This gen I got a Wii, and MOH: Heroes 2, it felt the most natural. Now when I go back to my pc for some FPS, I stumble on the keys, lol.

...I think the TPS was created to give consoles a better experience, and for the most part it succeed.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

i've never ever felt like the keyboard was restricting my movements in fps games.. maybe it is because all of my fps games save GoldenEye and MP3 i've played while growing up have been on the pc, and i've grown accustomed to it...

in any case, all i can say is that it is very hard to go to a dual analog controller from PC (and to a lesser extent, from wii remote/nunchuck combo).. i mean, I couldn't even grasp the controls of Gears of War when i played it with a mate.. but that might have just been because i didn't get enough time to learn them

Grey Acumen said:
ssj12 said:

start -> run -> type cmd -> format c 

/sarcasm

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453