By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft , Nintendo , Sony , which is the EVIL company? (Discuss)

ChichiriMuyo said:
Why is everyone solely focus on MS as a console maker? If you look at the history of DOS and Windows they essentially wouldn't exist as a company without lying, cheating, and stealing their way to the top. Windows was no an idea developed by MS, it was outright stolen from Xerox. They also didn't do much of anything to make DOS, since they sorta conned a guy into selling it to them for far less than it was worth and claimed it was their own work.

Playing dirty is the only way to make a company go from nothing to ruling the world in a decade, so it's hard to fault them for this, but their record still comes out looking much uglier than Sony's or Nintendo's.

Um, because the name of this forum is "Gaming Discussion."

As a side note, Microsoft's antics were actually pretty innocent compared to IBM's...

Around the Network

Microsoft are evil in the sense that they are breaking the law (antitrust, abuse of monopoly position, copyright infringement, etc.) and getting away unpunished because the US government dare not investigate too closely.

Case in point: You can't buy an OEM PC from any large vendor with a non-MS operating system that is cheaper than the same model with MS on it -even though e.g. Linux is free and Windows costs at least $50 to an OEM.

Also, the OOXML debacle - Microsoft clearly bribed and cheated in the voting (with e-mail proof) and the entire Norwegian ISO technical commitee resigned over it.

All the companies have done questionable things in the past, and will do so again in the future. They are in it for one thing, to make money. They are not your friends, and they are not your buddies; if they can step over you with little to no consequnce for something they are after, they will do it without a second thought. Why people blindly hate or love companies is beyond me.

However, I can say that Bill Gates' family is one of the most generous in the world. I'm not sure about the (former) heads of Sony or Nintendo, they may be as well.

Sony. They stand on the success of others and scream the triumphs with the arrogance of a Greek God.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Soleron said:

Case in point: You can't buy an OEM PC from any large vendor with a non-MS operating system that is cheaper than the same model with MS on it -even though e.g. Linux is free and Windows costs at least $50 to an OEM.

Dell (the main provider of OEMs with Linux) includes support on all its products so if I were to guess at why the cost doesn't go down excluding the usual suspects (corporate greed/bribery), I'd have to say that it's likely due to needing to keep some people around who can support their linux product line (not that I'm really sure they do much of that anyway).

Around the Network

All three of them are evil! They've all done things in the past that were deplorable and the way I see it none are above the other.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

None of them they are all giving us good gaming imo.

All of them operate will the sole purpose of depriving your pocket of as much money as possible where does morale come into this ?

There all evil there except Sega since they are greatness...

Former something....

Nintendo - they're still too cautious to into attract the core audience like Sony and MS

MS they treat their loyale customers with their RROD and some online restrictions. also theri crappy bundles

Sony all the attempts of trying to beat rival media with theirs that bombed or didnt do so well. (UMD, beta max, etc)