By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft , Nintendo , Sony , which is the EVIL company? (Discuss)

Surely Nintendo, they are responsible for the nearly extinction of the crow race.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

IMO Microsoft by far, they started with buying Quick & Dirty OS from a developer who completely ripped off CP/M (down to the source code), but it was more limited and handicapped, actually it was a horrible product they sold as their own.

What followed was a lot of monopoly abuse, the endless antitrust cases were evident of this. If you digg deep enough you'll see how they stopped a lot of technology progress, bullied a lot of smaller innovative companies, after killing them off settled for pocket money while admitting no wrong doing.

Microsoft only cared about increasing their market share with the 360, so a lot of mud slinging, misinformation campaigns and quality control taking the back seat.

Nintendo is IMO a great company, the best computer game products targeted at small kids. A glorious history with Donkey Kong and Mario Brothers. They mainly produce cute stuff it's hard to look at them as evil. They are a small very focussed video games only company.

Sony is IMO the greatest of the three, they are competitive on many fronts of consumer electronics and entertainment in a far more broard sense. They are an important driving force within the industry (like for instance Philips), lots of R&D, no real monopolies. Their biggest crime in some people's minds seem to be that they released the PS3 at a relatively high entry pricing (ignoring the fact the PS3 should from a technical perspective be more expensive and a much cheaper PS2 is still supported as well). A lot of stuff is greatly exagerrated and made up by fanboys to make them look as bad as possible, but if you do some research the bulk of arguments brought forward are really just minor stuff.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

IMO Microsoft by far, they started with buying Quick & Dirty OS from a developer who completely ripped off CP/M (down to the source code), but it was more limited and handicapped, actually it was a horrible product they sold as their own.

What followed was a lot of monopoly abuse, the endless antitrust cases were evident of this. If you digg deep enough you'll see how they stopped a lot of technology progress, bullied a lot of smaller innovative companies, after killing them off settled for pocket money while admitting no wrong doing.

Microsoft only cared about increasing their market share with the 360, so a lot of mud slinging, misinformation campaigns and quality control taking the back seat.

Nintendo is IMO a great company, the best computer game products targeted at small kids. A glorious history with Donkey Kong and Mario Brothers. They mainly produce cute stuff it's hard to look at them as evil. They are a small very focussed video games only company.

Sony is IMO the greatest of the three, they are competitive on many fronts of consumer electronics and entertainment in a far more broard sense. They are an important driving force within the industry (like for instance Philips), lots of R&D, no real monopolies. Their biggest crime in some people's minds seem to be that they released the PS3 at a relatively high entry pricing (ignoring the fact the PS3 should from a technical perspective be more expensive and a much cheaper PS2 is still supported as well). A lot of stuff is greatly exagerrated and made up by fanboys to make them look as bad as possible, but if you do some research the bulk of arguments brought forward are really just minor stuff.

Interesting if not slanted view, MS did start off with a bad product, the first windows you leave out how they have improved it version over version to lead the market.  And twith the 360 the mudsligning and mis information campaigns I must have missed those, cause I know Sony per your view is wonderful I mean I rember the emotion engine on the PS2 would provide lifelike graphics.

I am not sure why MS is ALWAYS the villian but if it makes you happy.  The 360 has the best library of games and the best online expereice so sign me up looks like I am siding with the dark side on this one.

I do own a WII and will buy the PS3 if they add Backward compat or drop the price to under $300.00 so maybe I am more grey

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

They are all evil and completely equally.

I think EA is the one. More than MS, Sony and N. 'Cause the want the world!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

@ xman

Interesting if not slanted view, MS did start off with a bad product, the first windows you leave out how they have improved it version over version to lead the market.

MSDOS (due to IBM, a company which lacked vision with regard to the potential of computer usage within people's homes) already earned Microsoft a majority share within people's homes. People wanted to use the apps they used at work in their homes as well. Lotus 123 and Word Perfect weren't exactly the most advanced software of their time (others 80s apps were in color and took advantage of a pre-emptiive multi-tasking GUI system), but they were used by lots of companies.

Windows IMO wasn't exactly anything special and IMO still isn't today. Of course they did a great marketing campaign in mid-late 90s, hyping new Windows features which had been implemented for rival platforms for over a decade earlier.

IMO it's amazing how slow desktop operating systems have advanced since Windows95 onwards and how inefficient everything has become. During the 80s you could boot up a computer within seconds, click a GUI button and the OS would always instantly provide user feedback, turn off the system like you would a TV, etc. Hard to imagine at the time how little the desktop experience has advanced. IMO Microsoft's monopoly and lead tech directions have significantly held back advancements.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ xman

I mean I rember the emotion engine on the PS2 would provide lifelike graphics

What we once considered being life-like graphics has progressed with time, for instance in 2 years Resistance 2 will make Resistance 1 look technically unimpressive (and they have a lot of technical headroom for Resistance 3). I never owned a PS2, but the PS2 games God of War 1 & 2 I bought for my PS3 are IMO simply amazing, best I have seen for the previous generation of consoles.

PS3 vs 360 sales

leo-j said:

The people saying sony say it because they have been dominant the past two gens, completely took sega out of the map, and nearly took nintendo out of the map last gen (they had an amazing console, and earned there way to the top)

People saying Microsoft have a point, microsoft has been BUYING themelves to the top, and they declared they want to take the PLAYSTATION BRAND out of this gen, it was so cold what they said this e3, "We are aiming on taking out the playstation brand, and all of there games can be are on our console now."

Then they announced FF XIII, believe it or not the music had an evil betrayal tone to it.

As for nintendo, imo they are doing well, earning there way to the top just like sony did with the playstation. Just I hate the direction they are going, but hey they arent trying to take anyone out of the inustry and stealing that companies games now are they?

I agree with this. Except that I dislike the way they are going.

The reason Sony and Nintendo topped their 2 generations, were both that they did something genious before everyone else, and that by the time the others caught up to that point, they were already ahead.

The good things about the two Microsoft consoles this far, has essentially been things you would have gotten even if they weren't in the game.

Very well written post, as I hadn't thought of it like this before your post.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS