By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't think the PS3 can hit middle-high 5 mil consoles by the end of the year....

leo-j said:
I dont get it, I cant keep up my post count average has increased from 15 a day to 30 a day and soiku is destroying me.. this sucks Im never going to pass him.

Well, if it makes you happy, you have the most posts of all the sony fans? =D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
hhaahahaha

Soriku was 3 million off lmao!!!

"I honestly dont see the wii selling extreemly well, I think we will see the momentum drop soon, but as of right now Im stickint to my predicition maybe as much as 16million units." http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=68&id=4459

hhaahahaha

leo-j was 3 million off lmao!!!

Okay maybe less, but considering the PS3 had some changes to spark demand that took place after the prediction was made while the Wii had no such changes, I'd say they're equally off.

Not quite, Linkz.

Soriku was VASTLY more off.

Leo-J, although off by maybe 3m (or less), predicted a system that sold 19m vs. 16m. A 20% difference.

Soriku on the other hand, predicted 5m on a system that'll sell 8.5m (give or take). Nearly a 70% difference.

That'd be like LeoJ predicting the Wii did around 12-13m. Definately not the same.

Leo-J, like myself, and many others, anticipated declining demand and/or fewer production increases from Nintendo for the Wii. Which we were wrong. Whereas, many people assumed earlier in the year something would happen for the PS3 to spark demand (games like Lair, HS, Uncharted, JPY bundles, price drops, ect).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Not quite, Linkz.

Soriku was VASTLY more off.

Leo-J, although off by maybe 3m (or less), predicted a system that sold 19m vs. 16m. A 20% difference.

Soriku on the other hand, predicted 5m on a system that'll sell 8.5m (give or take). Nearly a 70% difference.

That'd be like LeoJ predicting the Wii did around 12-13m. Definately not the same.

Leo-J, like myself, and many others, anticipated declining demand and/or fewer production increases from Nintendo for the Wii. Which we were wrong. Whereas, many people assumed earlier in the year something would happen for the PS3 to spark demand (games like Lair, HS, Uncharted, JPY bundles, price drops, ect).

Yes, relatively speaking Soriku was vastly more off.  Leo-j would've had to predict about 11.25m to have the same percentage difference.  Considering the Wii was already at 10m with no signs of slowing down to a measly 250k a month, such a prediction would've been fantasy.

You are right though.  Soriku made the prediction hot on the heels of the first price cut and when there were already rumors of a 40GB model with a $399 price tag.  Even if such a model never came there was no consideration given for holiday sales.

leo-j said:
I dont get it, I cant keep up my post count average has increased from 15 a day to 30 a day and soiku is destroying me.. this sucks Im never going to pass him.

Atleast you have a better console with better games than he does, and your posts arn't as stupid...

Around the Network

My posts are entertaining, anyhow, Im impressed ps3 did more than what I expected.

I hope it makes 250k in U.S, and 60k in japan to break the 620-640k mark.

mM
grandmaster192 said:
leo-j said:

Atleast you have a better console with better games than he does, and your posts arn't as stupid...

Yes, that was so necessary to say that.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

Yes, that was so necessary to say that.

Yep, just like it's so necessary for you to be a lame ass Wii-boy troll.

Wow, this thread brings back memories. Good thing Soriku was wrong.

This thread is full of FAIL! ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.