By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't think the PS3 can hit middle-high 5 mil consoles by the end of the year....

johnlucas said:
ssj12 said:
hey Soriku, I think your prediction was a bit off. Its 5.75m and mid-November. Id say 7m end of the year seems plausible.

I seem to remember a certain James Brown-avatared poster who predicted that in best case scenario that PS3 would just break the 7 million barrier by calendar year's end.

Now who was that guy? I remember he said this in the early spring, I know that.

Was his name Jean-Luc Picard? No, that's wasn't it. J. Luke Skywalker? Um, I think I'm mixing up names here. Ummm, Jonalulu? No, that's something like a Hawaiian capital or something.

Well I know his initials were J.L. I DO know that.

Maybe fkusumot can help me remember that name...

John Lucas

You are the best... :)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Soriku did make a prediction that proved to be false, but at least he admitted he was wrong and moved on. It's not like it was incredibly unlikely anyway. Most people weren't expecting Sony to cut prices this radically, as it pretty much guarantees they won't be making any profit in a very long time. I think it was the smart thing to do for them in the long run, but when was the last time Sony made a smart decision before this?

Don't forget that he's practically a prophet compared to the people in the "Next PS3 game to sell a million?" thread anyway. =P

I read the title before looking at the time of the first post which was in July so he was wrong... but he changed in his sig already.

Parokki said:
Soriku did make a prediction that proved to be false, but at least he admitted he was wrong and moved on. It's not like it was incredibly unlikely anyway. Most people weren't expecting Sony to cut prices this radically, as it pretty much guarantees they won't be making any profit in a very long time. I think it was the smart thing to do for them in the long run, but when was the last time Sony made a smart decision before this?

Don't forget that he's practically a prophet compared to the people in the "Next PS3 game to sell a million?" thread anyway. =P

ps2 slim?

@JohnLucas

it is a shame you are going to be 1.5M units off then :P

Around the Network

lol ... this was a really bad prediction ... I still stand at my 8 million by end of the year ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Many have understimated 360 and PS3 sales. Who was the crazy one who predicted 1m 360 sold in Japan before 2008?

sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
hey Soriku, I think your prediction was a bit off. Its 5.75m and mid-November. Id say 7m end of the year seems plausible.

Hey, why not revive stupid things everyones said while your at it. I'll start us off.

ssj12 said: Lair will be a huge hit in Japan.. the Japanese love dragons.. Lair is about dragons... dragons + japan = huge underminded market.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=1912

lol. Threads like this are fun!

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Wow Soriku will love this thread =D.

Andir said:
makingmusic476 said:
sieanr said:
ssj12 said:

Hey, why not revive stupid things everyones said while your at it. I'll start us off.

ssj12 said: Lair will be a huge hit in Japan.. the Japanese love dragons.. Lair is about dragons... dragons + japan = huge underminded market.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=1912

How about you don't jump to conclusions and be an ass to other VG'ers? He didn't even resurrect the thread.

But sieanr seems to like getting his rocks off by shitting in other people's cake.

actually he fails the ability to tell it was sarcasm.

I know soriku changed and got more mature. If he didnt he would have been banned ages ago before I became a mod. 

@John - I have always predicted above 7m. Actually 7 - 8 million to be exact. The PS3 is becoming more popular world wide so I see the PS3 easily topping 7 million. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453