By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what was the last game you bought without reading a review for it...

I usually know for sure if I'll be interested in a game before I buy it.

The only games that I consult reviews to make a purchase decision are for games I'm on the fence about.

So far it's worked out pretty good. I have yet to purchase a game this gen that I was disappointed in. A few I really liked even had average-mediocre reviews.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

Every game I own? I've never based buying a game on reviews..ever. I very very VERY seldom read reviews of games as well, I look at what I think a game has to offer. If I think I really want it, I buy it. If I think it might be good, I rent it and then maybe buy it. That's the extent of my research.

i seriously think he means games you never played before guys.

Posting COD4, and FF Crisis Core, ect. i dont' think is what he means.

well haven't picked up a game in forever without checking review, probably not since 64 days. But i have picked up a few games with ratings in the 5's because the game looked fun and i dind't trust the review. And turns out some of those are my favorite games and i play them more than some of my 9 rated games.

So i don't trust the score ever, i will read if low score to see what they didn't like. And a lot of times i have no idea how they came to such a low score from their review

That must be Resident Evil for PS2. I got it pretty cheap and I haven´t been playing it!
People says it is so good but I hate the aiming and stuff.
People says it´s so much better on wii, and I am buying a wii now and I get that game with it, so I´ll give it another try ^^

fifa 2008. what sorry excuse for a game.

Around the Network

I never bother reading reviews for games. I play them for myself rather than trust someone elses opinion.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Phrancheyez said:
Every game I own? I've never based buying a game on reviews..ever. I very very VERY seldom read reviews of games as well, I look at what I think a game has to offer. If I think I really want it, I buy it. If I think it might be good, I rent it and then maybe buy it. That's the extent of my research.

This. Looking at the features alone can justify your purchase.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

soul calibur iv

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I have decided to buy games before the review, but I have never actually purchased one without reading a review first

Hm. Kirby's Dream Land 2 for Gameboy. (great) Or maybe Star Trek for Game Boy. (not so great, but I had fun with it)

As you can see, it's been years since I've bought a game knowing nothing about it. Back in the N64 days I didn't read reviews, as I didn't have internet then, nor did I subscribe to any magazines. I did rent games before I bought them, though. I didn't have as much time for or skill at gaming so it took me a lot longer than a rental to beat games back then.

I don't ever spend money without doing some research.