By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what was the last game you bought without reading a review for it...

Zelda II on VC (played it before)
Super Mario RPG on VC (well, read reviews back then)

so I guess: Zelda DS

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

This WWII flying game I got for the Wii. I can't remember what it was called, but I would have returned it if I could.

Tales of Vesperia - I didn't need a stinkin' review.

Mother 3.

I don't think I could take gaming "journalism" very seriously in the context of that game anyway.

I never read reviews. i just check the scores. 90% and up = must buy. 70% to 89% = might buy if I like the genre or it is cheap.

Around the Network

Jet Force Gemini, and it was a damn good impulse buy, too.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Kratos3000 said:
I never read reviews. i just check the scores. 90% and up = must buy. 70% to 89% = might buy if I like the genre or it is cheap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea here is that you go into the purchase blind - so you wouldn't know the scores, either.