By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will this be PS2 last xmas

I can see it being repackaged for kids and getting put out for 1 more year kind of like the PsOne model of the PlayStation.

Around the Network
spdk1 said:
I can see it being repackaged for kids and getting put out for 1 more year kind of like the PsOne model of the PlayStation.

They already did that with the PS2 slim. Now all there is to do is wait for it to fade slowly away until it only exists in our imaginations and cupboards...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It should see xmas 09 I reckon

Sony need it with the PS3 currently not making much money....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I reckon its got one more price cut in it, to $99, and then probably a year or two after that. So my guess is mid 2010 it'll leave this mortal coil. At any rate we'll hear when Sony stops producing it, and it'll be on sale for a month or so after that to clear stock.

Around the Network

Japan wont let it die yet as its still getting good niche/indie support there. It's got at the least one year left I'd say.

Its selling 40K in EU....I doubt its gonna be its last xmas.....this year PS2 in EU is doing better than 360 did last year in EU

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

until sony is ready to make the ps3 backwards compatible, it will stay around.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Depends ... if next eyar we will see a pricedrop, then it will be next year :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It will still sell as long as it gets the odd new game.

For example: Call of Duty 5, Madden 09, Legend of Spyro, GH World Tour, Need For Speed Undercover, Rock Band 2.

All these games are/should be good and are coming to the best system ever made.