By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 2. GRAPHICS Diary. Watch!

Damn I already know way to much about this game... who the hell knew we where fighting Locust again ??? Didn´t we kill them in part one ??? I was speculating on space Nazis or something... also I had no clue they would up the graphics... I was under the impression they would lower the graphics for artistic reasons... 

Oh and since it seems to be good manners to compare it to shooters in other consoles: Whats more important about this game than the graphics is the style... the weapons, the buldings, the enemys, the gameplay, the music... they all bleed pure style... something I miss in certain other shooters, also quite counting poligons and mesuring enemy size... having huge enemys is stupid anyway... there is a reason no one makes those, a small well armed fighter or kamikaze squad kan take those out in seconds... they are nice to look at but thats about it... also big outdoor scenes are great but indoor close combat is just as fun... only because you can do big surroundings doesn´t mean thats all you should do... also 8 player co-op would just cramp my style... "I wanna go that way"... "You stealing ammo!!!"... "But I wanna drive!!!"... "We can´t go any further... my pizza is done"... also when I hear 60 player online my spider sence screams: "Lag and Leavers!!!" real loud... also do I need to get gan banged by 30 guys at once ??? Not unless I´m back in jail... having co-op and multiplayer compact and less messy is much better IMO...

Around the Network

Wow, I thought MikeB would've gotten into this thread a lot sooner. I guess it was only a matter of time before he couldn't resist any longer! ;)

Also, 8 CPUs, Mike? Come on... (Central Processing Unit) The 360 has three 'cpus,' yeah, but the Cell does NOT have 8 CPUs; it has one. -_-;;

The BuShA owns all!

looks amazing. On par with Killzone2 and Uncharted. Epic simply has the best graphics technology. Still don't like the whole curb-stomping atmosphere and think its pretty funny when they always talk about art in this environment.

@ Vertigo-X

Also, 8 CPUs, Mike? Come on... (Central Processing Unit) The 360 has three 'cpus,' yeah, but the Cell does NOT have 8 CPUs; it has one. -_-;;

Well 8 processors if you will... The PPE and 7 SPEs which are often referred to as systems on a chip within which the SPU acts as such a mini system's CPU. Each mini system is running its own micro operating system has a DMA controller, dedicated memory as well as a tiny amount of cache memory. A lot of the Cell's potential comes exactly from this design setup.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

it does look better than resistance 2.

but resistance 2, have more color, art design its better imo,

now if you compare with Killzone 2. killzone wins hands down.

Around the Network

@ Kyros: I guess everybody likes to present their own work as art... videogames are in a way a form of art... but just like musik most of it is just a mass market product... videogames might not have the storytelling of shakespear or the artistic innovation of the renaissance but its a very new medium so with time it might be seen as more than just entertainment...

Bravo, absolutely amazing. The cavern's didn't impress me as much as that bit with the city on fire, absolutely fantastic.

*drops pants*

videogames might not have the storytelling of shakespear or the artistic innovation of the renaissance but its a very new medium so with time it might be seen as more than just entertainment...

Don't get me wrong. A game like Portal is definitely art. It's just that Gears2 is the videogame equivalent of a summer blockbuster action movie. Not that anything is wrong with that.

^^ I think the effort and detail make it more than a summer blockbuster... blockbusters usually are made for fast cash and are all effects... but in movies effect usually cover up lack of story and bad acting... these kind of games are made for effects and action, I guess its all about what you like and expect from a game... people who want more story and charakter development might be better of playing an RPG... if your imagination of art is to perfect the action and effects aspect of a game like this then you´ll thik this is art... I for example don´t get why people would spend money on putting an action figure of Master Chief or Solid Snake into their lifing room... but they do and for them its art no matter what I think...

Does the Xbox 360 GPU have a further 48 "Cores"?

Tease.