By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 2. GRAPHICS Diary. Watch!

How many times have we seen Gears 2 footage and thought it looked good. Why the hell have they not shown some of this footage before. Below is the new Developer diary all about graphics.

Notice how it looks much better than any previous videos. Hell the game has no CGI, yet most of it looks like CGI. The bit when they drill into the Earth and actually begin walking around in the cavern, THATS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CONTROLLING THE CHARACTER. Holy hell! The water in the underground cavern also looks brilliant lit up by those mushroom things. Everything looks bloddy amazing. Can see why IGN gave it most advanced graphics at E3 now.

M$ would have stopped all arguements if they released this type of footage earler.

Around the Network

WOW! And the people saying that 360 isn't capable of doing great graphics. Also see Epid being cheeky by having the limited edition advert at the end.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

360 games are capable of good graphics but i dont think they are cable of having al this in a really long game. i would say this game would be completable in 30 hours

Yeah but what other game has been a shooter and been more than 50 hours?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

oliminator1994 said:
360 games are capable of good graphics but i dont think they are cable of having al this in a really long game. i would say this game would be completable in 30 hours

WTF? LOL. The average shooter is 8-10 hours. I predict Gears 2 completeable in around 9 hours. 3 longer than Gears 1.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
WOW! And the people saying that 360 isn't capable of doing great graphics. Also see Epid being cheeky by having the limited edition advert at the end.

I don't think many people claim this, IMO Kameo was a great looking launch game. Gears of War and Call of Duty 4 both are good looking shooters. Especially Gears gave me a caged feeling for a shooter though, but my biggest complaints were actually with regard to its IMO lacking story line, dissapointing end boss and other sections, game lenght and bad acting performances.

To me however Resistance 2 with its huge bosses and Killzone 2 look graphically well beyond Gears 2. I think Gears 2 will push the 360 to its limits technically and will show a nice upgrade in graphics and technicals in general, it's been 2 years since the original Gears launched, so that's not really surprising.

If you mean to say the PS3 is considered to be more capable graphically and allows for fewer artistic and design sacrifices in general in combination with mature game engines, yes the architecture is more powerful (8 CPUs with very fast dedicated memory vs 3 CPU cores sharing L2 cache) and the PS3 has a default harddrive and Blu-Ray disc to rely on.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Oh god no. It's you. I'm sorry but this video looks better than any KZ2 or R2 video. Those graphics of the underground cavern are the MOST detailed videogame scenes Ive ever seen. Absolutely stunning.

This game looks so fun to play. Way better than R2.

I wanted this game before. I'm foaming at the mouth for this game now! I think I'm going to spring for the special edition version.

@ Selnor &  fayewong

R2 (video lacking audio, the game will have lossless 7.1 audio):

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8836_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8844_en.html

The Resistance 2 story appeals a lot to me, great acting performances, 60 player online battles as well as 8 player co-op campaign. Bosses towering up multiple times above Gears' biggests foes. Personally I am far more looking forward to this.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales