By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 2. GRAPHICS Diary. Watch!

Graphics of the year=GOW2!!!!!!!

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
WOW! And the people saying that 360 isn't capable of doing great graphics. Also see Epid being cheeky by having the limited edition advert at the end.

Who are these people? I think you're just making stuff up.

@ Montana

Not anyone on site just my friends. Most of them have a PS3 and keep on teasing me saying the PS3 is this and that. Also going the extra mile to say that the 360 is like last-gen compared to the PS3.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

graphically, 360 is more capable than PS3. But the PS3 processor is better. In a way, 360 can display more details and have better framerate thanks to 512MB memory, while PS3 games will have more advanced CPU and can do more realistic physics

ENOUGH OF THESE GEARS OF WAR 2 THREADS!

Its not even close to November and when I see a new Gears 2 video I HAVE to watch it. I want this GAME NOW!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
reptile168 said:
graphically, 360 is more capable than PS3. But the PS3 processor is better. In a way, 360 can display more details and have better framerate thanks to 512MB memory, while PS3 games will have more advanced CPU and can do more realistic physics

I think this misconception will not last for very long at this point (mostly regards 360 to PS3 ports or game engines which are in need for redesign). Both GPUs are different, both providing their advantages and very different strongpoints (one of which for the RSX is to be designed to take good advantage of Cell pre- and post-processing), there are certain conditions where the Xenos provides certain framerate advantages (at least without significant PS3 specific adaptations and redesign).

The PS3 also has 512 MB of memory, but two seperate memory pools to take advantage of simultaneously by the GPU if needed. The XDR Ram is much faster than the PS3's GPU memory as well as the 360 shared memory, however this is mostly of benefit to the Cell processor (which can be heavily involved in the graphics processing), double the bandwidth by feeding the GPU from both memory pools would be more relevant from a more direct perspective (on the 360 only the CPU or GPU can access the main memory at a time).

From the grand perspective the PS3 has a big memory advantage, this due to a default harddrive (for feeding streamed data). Blu-Ray disc helps in this regard as well, being predictable and providing 6-7 times the available space for an uncompromised amount of texture and audio data, so in terms of quality/varierty. But does anyone remember how much memory the NeoGeo had compared to PCs and other consoles of the time?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ultimate_123 said:
@ Montana

Not anyone on site just my friends. Most of them have a PS3 and keep on teasing me saying the PS3 is this and that. Also going the extra mile to say that the 360 is like last-gen compared to the PS3.

looks like you need new friends.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

gears 2 looks as good as gears 1 albiet with different colour pallet, and utilising the new unreal engine for extra lighting effects etc.

gears 2 will be a good game, what i didnt like about the gears 1 campain is that there wasnt any epic battles, it was just simple checkpoint to checkpoint with skimishes along the way, and the last boss was utter dire

hopefully they will have sorted this by now, i will have to wait till after xmas to get hold of a used copy of gears2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Game looks great but if we are all honest here, from a graphics stand point it isn't a big leap from the first gears of war. Just more colour and better lighting.

OH GOD. Damn, that looks good. Too bad I don't have a 360 for this. SDF, calm down, it does look better than R2.