By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears Of War 2. GRAPHICS Diary. Watch!

see what they did there, they complimented the 3 major europeen countires england, france and germany, wanna boost their sales there? :P

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Around the Network

@ MikeB. They are the same videos I posted a month or so ago. They are nice but it's no Gears 2 cavern quality. Also notice when ever the boss is fully moving there is very little scenary compared to normal and no othere enemies, only your mate. That is not difficult to do. Then when the other enemies come, you cant see the boss, and it stopped moving altogether. Technically anyone came make a boss that big when thats pretty much all thats being rendered.

I still cant believe that Cavern scene in Gears 2, So much detail not just in close textures but entirely. Just wow.

MikeB said:
R2 (video lacking audio, the game will have lossless 7.1 audio):

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8836_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8844_en.html

The Resistance 2 story appeals a lot to me, great acting performances, 60 player online battles as well as 8 player co-up campaign. Bosses towering up multiple times above Gears' biggests foes. Personally I am far more looking forward to this.

So, let me get this straight.  You are coming into the Microsoft forum, into a thread about the Graphics of Gears of War 2, and all you wanna talk about is Resistance 2?  This isn't the time or place for that.   This is simply a thread where Gears lovers can wack each other off!!  WE DON"T CARE ABOUT RESISTANCE, IT'S 190 PLAYER ONLINE, OR IT'S PLANET EATING BOSSES!!!!

-now, get over here, ultimate_123......and get those pants off!

d21lewis said:
MikeB said:
R2 (video lacking audio, the game will have lossless 7.1 audio):

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8836_en.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8844_en.html

The Resistance 2 story appeals a lot to me, great acting performances, 60 player online battles as well as 8 player co-up campaign. Bosses towering up multiple times above Gears' biggests foes. Personally I am far more looking forward to this.

So, let me get this straight.  You are coming into the Microsoft forum, into a thread about the Graphics of Gears of War 2, and all you wanna talk about is Resistance 2?  This isn't the time or place for that.   This is simply a thread where Gears lovers can wack each other off!!  WE DON"T CARE ABOUT RESISTANCE, IT'S 190 PLAYER ONLINE, OR IT'S PLANET EATING BOSSES!!!!

-now, get over here, ultimate_123......and get those pants off!

LOL.

ARRRRGGHHH. Those cavern Graphics. F*ck it my pants are down to. :)

selnor said:
@ MikeB. They are the same videos I posted a month or so ago. They are nice but it's no Gears 2 cavern quality. Also notice when ever the boss is fully moving there is very little scenary compared to normal and no othere enemies, only your mate. That is not difficult to do. Then when the other enemies come, you cant see the boss, and it stopped moving altogether. Technically anyone came make a boss that big when thats pretty much all thats being rendered.

I still cant believe that Cavern scene in Gears 2, So much detail not just in close textures but entirely. Just wow.

There is more footage of several Goliaths on screen, a cavern usually limits the scenery (I guess the caged feeling I got with Gears 1 will remain). Gears 1 overall looked very good (apart from pop-in issues and some small glitches), but even right at the beginning you weren't able to explore anything, I wanted to jump outside of the building, I expected to fall down but couldn't go beyond the cage.

Another reason why Gears didn't appeal much to me is because it felt less serious, more like an A-Team like approach which may appeal more to young guys.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
selnor said:

There is more footage of several Goliaths on screen, a cavern usually limits the scenery (I guess the caged feeling I got with Gears 1 will remain). Gears 1 overall looked very good (apart from pop-in issues and some small glitches), but even right at the beginning you weren't able to explore anything, I wanted to jump outside of the building, I expected to fall down but couldn't go beyond the cage.

Another reason why Gears didn't appeal much to me is because it felt less serious, more like an A-Team like approach which may appeal more to young guys.

Dude I have finished Resistance 1 with my mate. Caged yes it was. R2 looks on rails and caged to. So your arguement there is completely flawed. I absolutely categorically couldnt care less which game is throwing around more polygons. The reason why? At the end of the day the visuals you look at on your TV are the end product. Gears 2 is the most gobsmacking thing Ive seen. Incredible detail. Also the video shows plenty of decent size nasties, and we have seen an early video of a level with 6 or 7 15 story enemies with also 40 or so smaller enemies on screen with gears in an outdoor very big environment. So gears is not shabby in that area either.

I'm sorry everyone I just couldnt believe it when someone was actually controlling the character in the cavern. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH be Nov 7 already.

These graphics do look nice. I can't wait to play it..

It looks amazing selnor. Thanks for posting.

that cavern water is fucking amazing

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Looks good, the water visuals look mighty impressive as well.

mM