By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BottledSpringWater said:
P.S. When the Best Buy lady asked me what's wrong with it to write it down as a statement, I said I got the 3 red lights, tray jammed and the USB's don't work. Only 2 of those were true, I lied about the USB part. Lawl.

I just wanted a new 360 real bad!

I would have done the same thing lol.

Around the Network
BottledSpringWater said:

Maybe they'll let me keep my 20 gigger hard drive and still let me have a new 60 gb? (I'll try to talk them into that!)

I doubt it.  Since there is a cable that allows transfer from 20 GB to 120 GB (comes with the 120 GB  drive), perhaps they have the cable and can transfer your game saves.  That would be a reasonable request, but if they don't have that cable, the best you could hope for is to swap drives (they keep the 60 GB with your broken Xbox).  Still, you'd end up with a new Xbox 360, which supposedly doesn't have the RROD problem.  And it has HDMI, to boot - or would that be "bout" in Canada ;)

BottledSpringWater said:
P.S. When the Best Buy lady asked me what's wrong with it to write it down as a statement, I said I got the 3 red lights, tray jammed and the USB's don't work. Only 2 of those were true, I lied about the USB part. Lawl.

I got the warranty as well...from M$ though, not Best Buy...did they give you a new one?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
BottledSpringWater said:

I got the warranty as well...from M$ though, not Best Buy...did they give you a new one?

I'll have to wait and see.

They will call me after they send it to Microsoft to verify if it's broken or not (I'm 100% sure it's broken, it's only a matter of time)

Only then I'll get a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

BottledSpringWater said:
Yup, went to my basement feeling some Bioshock.
Turned it on, no signal, thought it was my T.V. so I changed inputs and stuff, and then I glanced at the 360 with RROD.

I actually bought 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy Canada (Product Service Plan) and I'm not sure how that works out.
I got it before Microsoft did standard 3 year warranty thing, and I don't know if they'll send it back for repair or give me a new one.

I wish they'd give me a new one because I have the 20 GB Premium model from way back when and they don't have those anymore so they would have to give me a 60 gigger.

Kinda sucks, I thought mine was a tanker and would live forever, but no one escapes the RROD!

oh shit thats a reality check for me!!! Mines 10 months and going strong, the next day could be its last!!!

Around the Network

Two of mine consoles died earlier this month and I already got one back two days ago. The second one was drop off later and should be here tomorrow or tuesday.

The first one to die was the newer console. It has one red light, first showing up as just artifacts on the screen eventually it give up the ghost. Call MS, since it's under 1 year they send me the coffins. I was then (stupidly) gloating to my kids that mine older Elite unit is still functioning, lo and behold the next day it freeze and 3 flashing red light. I didn't get the coffins but I think it was for the better because I ship it out faster using my own box and printed the label.

I have to say I was really surprise at how easy it was dealing with MS on the phone for my RROD unit. The first console was less than a year old so you can register for repair on-line. Anyway the Elite got back in less than 2 weeks and it's better than before. Run cooler and quieter fans.

Also MS extended your warranty for 90 days so the Elite now has 90 days warranty so if any thing other than RROD occur it would be cover. (I hope not, instant karma, no more gloating to any 360 owners).

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with Best Buy, and I have to wait a week and a half!
Peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

I took mine to the UPS store on Saturday last weekend. I checked the Live website today and they've already shipped my replacement. I am estimating being back up and running almost exactly a week and a half after REPORTING my issue. If I had waited for a coffin it would probably have added another few days.

BottledSpringWater said:
Yup, went to my basement feeling some Bioshock.
Turned it on, no signal, thought it was my T.V. so I changed inputs and stuff, and then I glanced at the 360 with RROD.

I actually bought 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy Canada (Product Service Plan) and I'm not sure how that works out.
I got it before Microsoft did standard 3 year warranty thing, and I don't know if they'll send it back for repair or give me a new one.

I wish they'd give me a new one because I have the 20 GB Premium model from way back when and they don't have those anymore so they would have to give me a 60 gigger.

Kinda sucks, I thought mine was a tanker and would live forever, but no one escapes the RROD!

Actually, I'm the only one who has escaped the red ring of death... Partially because I barely play my Xbox 360...

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Behold, the "MAIN" reason im still putting off buying a 360, then again it'd suck being a 360 only owner, but having more then one console/handheld + a 360 is better cause you got something to play while the 360 needs maintenance.

Basicly owning a 360 "ONLY" is very unsafe with the constant looming RROD.

not really a big issue with the Falcon and beyond