By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How long does it take for Microsoft to test whether it works or not and send a new one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

buy an arcade since you already have a hardrive and your xbox live membership can be recovered. thats what i did when mine broke.

My Xbox had 1 ring of death. I had a new/refurbished one in my hands in 8 business days. I think the warranty on the new one refreshed also, because they said they re-registered me. Not sure how that works. One thing is sure, I'll be getting my 360 fixed for free anytime it breaks ever. I'm just that kind of A-hole, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
My Xbox had 1 ring of death. I had a new/refurbished one in my hands in 8 business days. I think the warranty on the new one refreshed also, because they said they re-registered me. Not sure how that works. One thing is sure, I'll be getting my 360 fixed for free anytime it breaks ever. I'm just that kind of A-hole, lol.

8 days sounds good but that's in the U.S., and I'm not sure if it's the same as in Canada.

One more thing I'd like to point out is that Fable 2 is releasing in 3 days, and me and my friends planned to pick it up right after school together, I guess I'll just have to watch them play :/

ZenfoldorVGI said:

thats for 3 years.

in meanwhile, my super nintendo still works.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

thats for 3 years.

I only had it for 11 months, lol. 1 ring of death is covered for 12. I got lucky.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Jo21 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

thats for 3 years.

The durability of this generation's systems makes it look like the SNES can withstand a bullet.

Seriously, everything is so unreliable now, except for my DS. That thing has been through hell but still works pretty good for everything that's happened to it.

BottledSpringWater said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

8 days sounds good but that's in the U.S., and I'm not sure if it's the same as in Canada.

One more thing I'd like to point out is that Fable 2 is releasing in 3 days, and me and my friends planned to pick it up right after school together, I guess I'll just have to watch them play :/

I feel your pain, man.  My 360 died yesterday.  I sent it in today.  I was really looking forward to Fable 2.  I'm still going to go and get the game, but I won't get to play it for awhile.  I was playing Tiger Woods 09 on Live with a friend, and all the sudden my TV started getting weird shades of green and yellow.  Games were still playing fine, but everything looked weird.  After a little research, I found out that this is just a precursor to RRoD, so I called MS. 

It does suck.  I have confirmed mine was a Falcon model.  The yellow and green screen supposedly means the graphics chip is fried.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send me a Jasper.  In the meantime, I still have my trusty gaming PC to keep me warm.  I only have Gears of War for the PC, so I'm playing that with my 360 controller.  Maybe I'll finally finish The Witcher and Lost Planet while I'm waiting.  Plus, the last time I built a computer for someone they gave me a free copy of World in Conflict. 

So yeah, I won't be lacking games to play while I wait, but not being able to play Fable 2 is a HUGE deal to me.  The timing couldn't have been worse.

Zucas said:
mrstickball said:
Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Either way, you'll get back into gaming quickly.

Yea that's an overstatement.  2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360.  Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had. 

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it.  Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

Where do they live?

Took me about a week to get my back, fairly quick.

MS won't send you a model without HDMI if you had a HDMI model. How did your friends know the models they sent them were older?

Also, if they sent them new ones, they pre-register them for you, so basically, your friends got a brand new warranty(Think that's how it works).

Either way, it took me a 20 minute phone call and about 6 business(8-10 regular) days from shipping to retrieval. I didn't wait for a box, I had it packed up and out the next morning after mine broke down.

I know this is anecdotal, but I had a very good and easy experience, and got a brand new 360 out of the deal. It was pretty great actually. I have no fear about them.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Zucas said:
mrstickball said:
Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Either way, you'll get back into gaming quickly.

Yea that's an overstatement.  2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360.  Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had. 

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it.  Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

Where do they live?

Took me about a week to get my back, fairly quick.

MS won't send you a model without HDMI if you had a HDMI model. How did your friends know the models they sent them were older?

Also, if they sent them new ones, they pre-register them for you, so basically, your friends got a brand new warranty(Think that's how it works).

Either way, it took me a 20 minute phone call and about 6 business(8-10 regular) days from shipping to retrieval. I didn't wait for a box, I had it packed up and out the next morning after mine broke down.

I know this is anecdotal, but I had a very good and easy experience, and got a brand new 360 out of the deal. It was pretty great actually. I have no fear about them.

Didn't you say 8 in other thread? :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||