By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Falcon095 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Zucas said:
mrstickball said:
Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Either way, you'll get back into gaming quickly.

Yea that's an overstatement.  2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360.  Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had. 

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it.  Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

Where do they live?

Took me about a week to get my back, fairly quick.

MS won't send you a model without HDMI if you had a HDMI model. How did your friends know the models they sent them were older?

Also, if they sent them new ones, they pre-register them for you, so basically, your friends got a brand new warranty(Think that's how it works).

Either way, it took me a 20 minute phone call and about 6 business(8-10 regular) days from shipping to retrieval. I didn't wait for a box, I had it packed up and out the next morning after mine broke down.

I know this is anecdotal, but I had a very good and easy experience, and got a brand new 360 out of the deal. It was pretty great actually. I have no fear about them.

Didn't you say 8 in other thread? :P

I said 8 days(or 9) read inbetween the () marks, lol. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever said business days. I can print out my shipping orders if you think I'm lying.

Edit: NM, I did say business days, lemme double check that

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Ok, found it:

Recieved shipping label in Email on 10/4/08(day it broke)

Shipped on Monday 10/6/08 to Kentucky facility

Recieved item on Wednesday 10/15/08

So, 7 business days total, 11 days after it broke, before it was signed for on my front poarch.

I live in Mississippi, shipping address was in Kentucky.

I was just guestimating, this I'm going by from my email.

That email accompanied the shipping label email(which I can also copy/paste), that I recieved after the support call.

I can prove that I recieved my 360 back by 10/15, because the first thing I did was log on to XBL. I haven't logged on much since, so the latest it would show me logged on is a few days ago, at least.

My gamertag is Zenfoldor.

Today is the 19th. The longest it could possibly have took(If I'm lying) is 10 business days(or 9, because I think Columbus day happened in that time frame).

So, any more questions regaurding my anecdotal, true, and provable experience exchanging my 360 in a timely manner can be supplied with more evidence, following more investigation.

I have changed the email photo in order to not show vital information(I hope).

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Smashed said:
Get a PS3, problem solved.

He got banned for saying that ? Wtf is up with these forums ....

Imperial said:
Smashed said:

It's trolling because it's unhelpful, pointless, and flamebait. What the hell do you think qualifies as trolling, bro? Say something substinative to not get banned for trolling.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imperial said:
Smashed said:

It's trolling because it's unhelpful, pointless, and flamebait. What the hell do you think qualifies as trolling, bro? Say something substinative to not get banned for trolling.

I know what trolling is , the reason that ban is unjustified is because the bolded accounts for 30-50% of everything posted on these forums.

Around the Network
Imperial said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imperial said:
Smashed said:

I know what trolling is , the reason that ban is unjustified is because the bolded accounts for 30-50% of everything posted on these forums.

Ah, well, I could almost agree with you on that. Trollings ususally get warnings though, unless its a repeat offender. I don't know the whole story with this guy, and I'd assume the mod who banned him knows more about it than I do, so I won't judge them or the site, for something I'm ignorant of.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Imperial said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imperial said:
Smashed said:

You gotta start somewhere.

Oh, and picking up an Arcade is a no-go for me.
Kinda don't have the flow for it, even though I know I'm returning it.
I guess I'll have to stick it out :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

@Zen
Don't worry, i don't think that you are lying, i just pointed you that in one thread you said 8 business days and in the other you said 6 business fays :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

P.S. When the Best Buy lady asked me what's wrong with it to write it down as a statement, I said I got the 3 red lights, tray jammed and the USB's don't work. Only 2 of those were true, I lied about the USB part. Lawl.

I just wanted a new 360 real bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!