By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - R.I.P. Xbox 360.

October 6, 2006 - October 17, 2008

He was only 2 years old.

R.I.P. Little guy, you're probably going to end up in a worse better place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

Auch no warranty anymore?

RROD?

He can be born again.

Yup, went to my basement feeling some Bioshock.
Turned it on, no signal, thought it was my T.V. so I changed inputs and stuff, and then I glanced at the 360 with RROD.

I actually bought 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy Canada (Product Service Plan) and I'm not sure how that works out.
I got it before Microsoft did standard 3 year warranty thing, and I don't know if they'll send it back for repair or give me a new one.

I wish they'd give me a new one because I have the 20 GB Premium model from way back when and they don't have those anymore so they would have to give me a 60 gigger.

Kinda sucks, I thought mine was a tanker and would live forever, but no one escapes the RROD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Either way, you'll get back into gaming quickly.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

welcome to the club.

Sorry man, but with the older consoles it seems only a matter of time. I sold my original launch day core before picking up my Elite. It was a tanker too, and didnt have any issues prior to me selling it. Hope its doing well ;).

Behold, the "MAIN" reason im still putting off buying a 360, then again it'd suck being a 360 only owner, but having more then one console/handheld + a 360 is better cause you got something to play while the 360 needs maintenance.

Basicly owning a 360 "ONLY" is very unsafe with the constant looming RROD.

Well.. your 360 was 2 years old so it ain't suck that much if you don't have gf now it's the time to get one :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Get a PS3, problem solved.