By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Smashed said:
Get a PS3, problem solved.

Considering I currently have a 360 game collection and all my Live friends and achievements, all this would go to waste.

As a matter of fact, getting a PS3 would actually cause more problems if you think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Behold, the "MAIN" reason im still putting off buying a 360, then again it'd suck being a 360 only owner, but having more then one console/handheld + a 360 is better cause you got something to play while the 360 needs maintenance.

Basicly owning a 360 "ONLY" is very unsafe with the constant looming RROD.

and yet, if you had bought a PS3 at launch and a 360 at launch, if both were to break today, you'd be screwed with the PS3.

Great logic, really well thought out.

Incidently, it'd be useless owning a PS3 because broken or not, there'd be nothing to play on it anyway (see I can troll too)

CAL4M1TY said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Behold, the "MAIN" reason im still putting off buying a 360, then again it'd suck being a 360 only owner, but having more then one console/handheld + a 360 is better cause you got something to play while the 360 needs maintenance.

and yet, if you had bought a PS3 at launch and a 360 at launch, if both were to break today, you'd be screwed with the PS3.

Great logic, really well thought out.

Incidently, it'd be useless owning a PS3 because broken or not, there'd be nothing to play on it anyway (see I can troll too)

Their was like no trolling from Seraphic_Sixaxis =/.

My 360 is New and Healthy, skys the limit with this baby.

I'm not sure if the Best Buy protection plan is the same in Canada as it is in the US, but in the US they will give you a brand new unit right there.  Just take it to the customer service counter and give them your protection plan information.  They should just test out the Xbox to make sure it doesn't work and then give you a brand new one.  If they no longer have the 20gb in stock, they should give you a brand new 60gb unit.  They may not let you have the 60gb hard drive unless you relinquish your 20gb.  It can't hurt to take it in and see what happens.

Around the Network
Capulous said:

I'm not sure if the Best Buy protection plan is the same in Canada as it is in the US, but in the US they will give you a brand new unit right there.  Just take it to the customer service counter and give them your protection plan information.  They should just test out the Xbox to make sure it doesn't work and then give you a brand new one.  If they no longer have the 20gb in stock, they should give you a brand new 60gb unit.  They may not let you have the 60gb hard drive unless you relinquish your 20gb.  It can't hurt to take it in and see what happens.

Thanks a lot dood.

I've been googling my ass off for an answer here, and everything I get ends up being a U.S. warranty like you mentioned.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, I'll bring it in to where I got it and see where this leads.

Maybe they'll let me keep my 20 gigger hard drive and still let me have a new 60 gb? (I'll try to talk them into that!)

mrstickball said:
Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Either way, you'll get back into gaming quickly.

Yea that's an overstatement.  2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360.  Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had. 

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it.  Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

lol so if you are owning a PS3 "ONLY" and it breaks  it wouldn't suck?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Zucas said:
mrstickball said:
Microsoft's 3 year warranty is retroactive. Any box thats under 3 years old gets the service plan, regardless.

Goto your best buy and demand a new Xbox. If that doesn't work, call MS and demand a new X360.

Yea that's an overstatement.  2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360.  Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had. 

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it.  Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

You're right!

I pre-ordered Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Gears 2 all last week, and man, if Best Buy doesn't give me a 360 on the spot, fists will be thrown.

BottledSpringWater said:
Zucas said:
mrstickball said:

Yea that's an overstatement. 2 friends had this happen and did exactly that and took them a month to get a new 360. Even worse those 360s were older models than they ones they had.

OT: feel ya bro... RROD suck and MS don't do much to help ya out with it. Bad timign really too with all the good games coming out.

You're right!

I pre-ordered Fable 2, Fallout 3, and Gears 2 all last week, and man, if Best Buy doesn't give me a 360 on the spot, fists will be thrown.

Ah that really sucks haha.  Yea tell them to make it quick or there will be trouble haha.