By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be happy if Wii music flops?

HappySqurriel said:
astrosmash said:
Rath said:
Actually I'm really interested by the idea of a music game that allows so much control over the music.

I'd want people to buy it even if just to show developers that there is an interest in this form of game.

And here we thought people got annoyed at the masses of mini-game collections. imagine when its 2010 and there are a 100+ wii music clones out.

Is that really worse than today when there is 100 Halo clones?

100 Halo clones? Could you please list them, i don't think i have ever played a game that plays or feels like Halo.  Haze or RFoM would be the only ones, and thats kinda pushing it.

Around the Network

No, and I can't imagine why anyone reasonably would be. It just doesn't make any sense to hate a game for being aimed at a different audience. I mean, I wasn't jumping up and down hoping Madden or Halo 3 would fail. Really, all of these new audiences that Nintendo is reaching are good for the market, so why would I or anyone else be happy if these people simply went un-served? It's not like the people buying Wii Music would have picked up games like Zack and Wiki or No More Heroes if Nintendo was making some other game.

Also, thanks for the vid, alfredofroylan.  That was quite entertaining.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Griffin said:
HappySqurriel said:
astrosmash said:
Rath said:
Actually I'm really interested by the idea of a music game that allows so much control over the music.

I'd want people to buy it even if just to show developers that there is an interest in this form of game.

And here we thought people got annoyed at the masses of mini-game collections. imagine when its 2010 and there are a 100+ wii music clones out.

Is that really worse than today when there is 100 Halo clones?

100 Halo clones? Could you please list them, i don't think i have ever played a game that plays or feels like Halo.  Haze or RFoM would be the only ones, and thats kinda pushing it.

The differences between most fps games and Halo would be very similar to the differences between most Wii Music clones and Wii Music ...

I would be, it would say not everything nintendo craps out is gold.

I just want a "real" game that will pull me back to the system.

And please don't let a new wii sports game be it!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yes, maybe Nintendo will bother to try next time.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

=/ I am not saying it is the fault of Wii music that the other games I mention have bad sales (or probably will have bad sales *Sky crawlers).

Well I see it more as a painter who spends tens of hours to create a really nice painting but at the end only can sell it for a few 100$ when someone else drops just some paint on a paper and get millions for it...

Okay, this is exactly what I'm disagreeing with. If it's Wii Music we're talking about, how do you know if Zack & Wiki or NMH took that much more effort? Others like Carnival Games is probably a different story, though I know little about it.

c0rd said:
konnichiwa said:

=/ I am not saying it is the fault of Wii music that the other games I mention have bad sales (or probably will have bad sales *Sky crawlers).

Well I see it more as a painter who spends tens of hours to create a really nice painting but at the end only can sell it for a few 100$ when someone else drops just some paint on a paper and get millions for it...

Okay, this is exactly what I'm disagreeing with. If it's Wii Music we're talking about, how do you know if Zack & Wiki or NMH took that much more effort? Others like Carnival Games is probably a different story, though I know little about it.

To add to this ... Is "effort" really a good measure for the value of a creative work? If you had one of the great artists produce a simple sketch in 20 minutes would it necessarily be a worse work than something a student produced over a semester?

HappySqurriel said:
c0rd said:
konnichiwa said:

To add to this ... Is "effort" really a good measure for the value of a creative work? If you had one of the great artists produce a simple sketch in 20 minutes would it necessarily be a worse work than something a student produced over a semester?

Very good point. I guess the issue is, when people make money off things that are easy, effortless, and not very brilliant (in their opinion), it angers them. They hate when people get rich off of stuff like the Pet Rock. I admit I'm a little guilty of this at times, too.

i want it to fail, it is a disgrace for what video games are and as all people say its going to sell good, because its got wii on its name, but blah if nintendo think that wii music is innovative, i think i will prefer to play with just a normal controller and good games...

I think I would seriously look down on someone that let a videogame's sales either ruin or brighten their day. If I was having an awesome day, just got laid, had a nice lunch, played some games, my daughter manages to finally get potty trained and then I look on a forum to see 1 million Wii Music sales in one week and THAT ruins my day? I'm pathetic. Same goes for the reverse.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.