By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will you be happy if Wii music flops?

Nope. Miyamoto said that making this game brought him happiness. If it flops, then Miyamoto will be sad. If he's sad, then he might lose inspiration. If he loses inspiration, then we'd all be sad.

Plus, as Zucas and coasterlove have stated, a lot of time and effort was put into this title. Why would poor sales make anyone happy unless they directly benefit from its failure (e.g. a competitor)?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

Of course not; why should we rejoice at the failure of any sincerely-made game?

As a musician, I truly hope that Wii Music finds its mark, allowing non-musicians to experience the same joy I feel when play and improvise and create music.

If Wii Music is able bring any happiness to others, I see no reason to take offense.

couldn't care less. It's a game I don't care about by a producer that is loaded so much that if it didn't even sell a single copy they wouldn't notice.

Now if by it failing it makes them make more games I like then I hope it fails, but there is no way to know this.

They most likely have developers and stuff working on it that were making games i didn't like anyway, or else they were the guys who made the Wii. So either way freeing thos men up doesn't mean shit to me. THe Zelda, mario ect teams are working on the zelda mario games so wii music has no influence to them

Nintendo had a reunion with some representatives of their target audience.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41580.html

And it's fine. They're trying something that few companies tried in the past. At least we've a pretty nice lineup for 2009, but honestly I don't care if wiimusic fails or not, it's just a product that didn't appeal to my taste.

Not at all, but then why would you want any game to fail for that matter?

Around the Network

I would be happy if it flops.

I would be happy if it sells 10m the first month.

My happiness is not related in the slightest to this games existence, much less how well or poorly it does.

No, it has mii cheerleaders saying, "Go," "Cool," "Win," and "Pretty."
That deserves 3 mil minimum

Who cares, you dont have to buy it. And if people enjoy the game well good for them. Maybe ill get it. Gives nintendo lotsa money so they can make lotsa good games!

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Not really, but I do hope that Wii devs shift their focus soon and give us more Resident Evil, Metroid, Mario and Zelda type games!
I think Wii Music will do fine (despite some unforgiving reviews) but it probably won't sell as much as or to as broad an audience as the devs imagine.
Ultimately, Wii Music won't really appeal much to folks who read reviews online anyways, so that won't matter much I think, I can see it as a good christmas hit for the kids though!

No.
I don't want snobcore and sony fanboys with their nose in the air for the next couple of weeks.