By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Wii Music... Ouch.

Really? I mean maybe it's been awhile since Wii Sports released but I was under the thought that most people, including the core, loved Wii Sports. Of course the main argument to it was it was shallow as it didn't have that much content for the long run but that it was a fun experience. I mean maybe it's just been too long for me to remember correctly but I could have sworn this game was pretty well received by the core gamers. I don't know about the core media sites or what not as they are always a hit or miss on casual games especially the first really large console one but yea.

Around the Network

1Up gave it an A-....
IGN gave it an 5.0...

....the plot thikns...

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Words Of Wisdom said:
Phendrana said:
YoppaDo said:
How come the first few reviews differ so much, it's got like two A grades and now a 5/10 :S

Because Matt was never going to give it a fair chance to begin with. When you're saying things like you can't wait for the game to arrive so you can trash it, you're not exactly a fair and balanced source.

Because if they score it high, it's suddenly a fair and balanced score. Score it low and you're such a biased reviewer...

I love how it works. -_-

You missed the point.

• Matt said he couldn't wait for Wii Music to come out so he can bash it (ego rubbing. Thank God it sold 500k day one so maybe it will shut his trap)
  • 1up said eveything opposite of Matt
  • Matt gave the game a 5.0 while 1up gave it an -A

It's not that he rated it low, but he never gave the game a fair chance which lowers his credability as a critic.

EDIT:Only sold 50K. My bad.

Zucas said:
Aj_habfan said:
Naum said:
no surprise at all, the reviewer totaly lack any musical talent at all

Isn't the idea that you don't have to be musically talented?

It's not necessarily about if you have musical talent or not but how much you like music.  I mean with Guitar Hero and Rock Band it really doesn't matter if you like music or not because then trying its about pounding out notes.  Trying to get them all becomes addictive similar to most of the old school arcade games.  Really the music phases you in that game.  Actually playing those games I find myself very detached from the music becuase if I try to get into it I'll miss a note haha.  Doesn't mean they aren't fun but it doesn't attach you into the music that much as its about hitting the notes.  I bought the games though still because I love the music in it.  How ironic eh.

While Wii music on the other hand is about feeling rhythms and beats and whatnot.  Feeling the music as you hear it and then trying to figure out how to keep it sounding good.  And doing that the game helps you along in creating the same atmosphere with other instruments or in a song already.  I mean the game is all about feeling the music becuase if you are detached from the music then it's not fun at all.  I mean it's kinda like air guitaring or air drumming to your favorite songs haha and instead of nothing coming out you have music come out.  That's what Wii Music is about creating your own songs without knowing everything about music.  But you can see that if you are not big on music or really feeling music when you listen to it then you could obviously see why this wouldn't be your cup of tea.  Maybe Matt just isn't a big music fan or has no rhythm.  I don't know but this is just another way to do a music game and I think it might have found somehting that works.

Oh come on Zucas. You can't just assume that. I'm in to music but have no desire to play Wii music. I hardly want to play GH and Rock Band. The only reason I do is because of the challenge, online, and tons of differents kinds of popular songs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

people say the wii is not a kiddie console.... and then you get a game that encourages you to play "row row row your boat" for shame.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

That review and score pretty well sum up my thoughts on Nintendo this gen.

It's all about the game.

If you don't like what Nintendo did with Wii Music ...don't forget they also made Rythm Heaven and Band Brothers ^.^;

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

even with this score its will sell like hell believe me.

lilwingman said:
That review and score pretty well sum up my thoughts on Nintendo this gen.

In other words, you were consumed by bias and nerd rage for the past few months, recorded yourself plaing Nintendo games like a complete doofus and culminated weeks of angry fanboy-like behavior in an article that left people questioning your credibility?

I didn't think anyone wanted to be associated with Cassamassamassamsamsina like that.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Wow, trolls just came in here to post anti Wii comments that got nothing to do with the game. Why are mods being so permissive here?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies