By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Reviews Wii Music... Ouch.

Zucas said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Zucas said:

FAIL- earned from lack of interpretation... seems to be a lot of that lately in this forum haha.

Fail... something you know well from debates with Kasz right? ^_^

Oh people on this forum don't know anything about politics let alone foreign policy.  I just see it as a parrot yapping about nothing while I swarm in and give people real insight.  Kasz was just another bird acting like they know something about it when really its my insight that is a lot more credible when it comes to world issues.  You see it as arrogance I see it as realism.  But I'm alright with agreeing to disagree on it.

And the internet's most 'pretentious post' award goes to... Zucas!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your post is actually a joke, right (my sarcasm detector doesn't always work on the internet)? Not that I'm questioning your world view, just the part about knowing more than the rest of us folks about politics and foreign policy. A bit of humilty would go a long way.

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
Zucas said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Zucas said:

FAIL- earned from lack of interpretation... seems to be a lot of that lately in this forum haha.

Fail... something you know well from debates with Kasz right? ^_^

Oh people on this forum don't know anything about politics let alone foreign policy. I just see it as a parrot yapping about nothing while I swarm in and give people real insight. Kasz was just another bird acting like they know something about it when really its my insight that is a lot more credible when it comes to world issues. You see it as arrogance I see it as realism. But I'm alright with agreeing to disagree on it.

And the internet's most 'pretentious post' award goes to... Zucas!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your post is actually a joke, right (my sarcasm detector doesn't always work on the internet)? Not that I'm questioning your world view, just the part about knowing more than the rest of us folks about politics and foreign policy. A bit of humilty would go a long way.

Well it's meant to be funny but I like it when people take it seriously.  Just makes my life a lot easier haha.  I love discussing politics with people but I hate discussing them with close minded people.  Which is why I love to piss them off by being close minded as well to just show them how really annoying they are.  I did it to Kaz and I guess it punked WoW haha.  Oh well haha.

Zucas said:
Aj_habfan said:
Naum said:
no surprise at all, the reviewer totaly lack any musical talent at all

Isn't the idea that you don't have to be musically talented?

While Wii music on the other hand is about feeling rhythms and beats and whatnot.  Feeling the music as you hear it and then trying to figure out how to keep it sounding good.  And doing that the game helps you along in creating the same atmosphere with other instruments or in a song already.  I mean the game is all about feeling the music becuase if you are detached from the music then it's not fun at all.  I mean it's kinda like air guitaring or air drumming to your favorite songs haha and instead of nothing coming out you have music come out.  That's what Wii Music is about creating your own songs without knowing everything about music.  But you can see that if you are not big on music or really feeling music when you listen to it then you could obviously see why this wouldn't be your cup of tea.  Maybe Matt just isn't a big music fan or has no rhythm.  I don't know but this is just another way to do a music game and I think it might have found somehting that works.

You've played Wii Music at length then?

Feeling the music.

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
Zucas said:
Aj_habfan said:
Naum said:
no surprise at all, the reviewer totaly lack any musical talent at all

Isn't the idea that you don't have to be musically talented?

While Wii music on the other hand is about feeling rhythms and beats and whatnot. Feeling the music as you hear it and then trying to figure out how to keep it sounding good. And doing that the game helps you along in creating the same atmosphere with other instruments or in a song already. I mean the game is all about feeling the music becuase if you are detached from the music then it's not fun at all. I mean it's kinda like air guitaring or air drumming to your favorite songs haha and instead of nothing coming out you have music come out. That's what Wii Music is about creating your own songs without knowing everything about music. But you can see that if you are not big on music or really feeling music when you listen to it then you could obviously see why this wouldn't be your cup of tea. Maybe Matt just isn't a big music fan or has no rhythm. I don't know but this is just another way to do a music game and I think it might have found somehting that works.

You've played Wii Music at length then?

Feeling the music.

Depends if you'll believe me then I say yes.  If not I'll still say yes.  Your move haha.

Gamespy review in: 7

Not too shabby.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Good hing review scores don't really matter at all, especially with a game like this.

Watch this get recognized as one of the best games of the year by the GDC. Calling it now.

Khuutra said:
Good hing review scores don't really matter at all, especially with a game like this.

Watch this get recognized as one of the best games of the year by the GDC. Calling it now.

That's doubtful.  Unfortunately everything nowadays is too much based on hype: whether good or bad.  Wii Music could have been the best game in the world when it releases and it still would be rated band and perceived as bad.  Instead it came out as an average game and we are seeing already still why it doesn't matter what quality it actually was. 

I just think after all the dust has settled around this people will look back and say ya know this actually wasn't that bad of a game.  Wasn't a great game but a solid one.

Zucas said:
Khuutra said:

That's doubtful.  Unfortunately everything nowadays is too much based on hype: whether good or bad.  Wii Music could have been the best game in the world when it releases and it still would be rated band and perceived as bad.  Instead it came out as an average game and we are seeing already still why it doesn't matter what quality it actually was. 

I just think after all the dust has settled around this people will look back and say ya know this actually wasn't that bad of a game.  Wasn't a great game but a solid one.

Do you remember when the GDC (the only awards show that matters) recognized how awesome Wii Sports was?

Khuutra said:
Zucas said:
Khuutra said:

That's doubtful. Unfortunately everything nowadays is too much based on hype: whether good or bad. Wii Music could have been the best game in the world when it releases and it still would be rated band and perceived as bad. Instead it came out as an average game and we are seeing already still why it doesn't matter what quality it actually was.

I just think after all the dust has settled around this people will look back and say ya know this actually wasn't that bad of a game. Wasn't a great game but a solid one.

Do you remember when the GDC (the only awards show that matters) recognized how awesome Wii Sports was?

And what Wii Sports wasn't awesome haha.  To the contrary of Wii Music, people loved Wii Sports and it had loads of positive hype.

Zucas said:
Khuutra said:
Zucas said:
Khuutra said:

That's doubtful. Unfortunately everything nowadays is too much based on hype: whether good or bad. Wii Music could have been the best game in the world when it releases and it still would be rated band and perceived as bad. Instead it came out as an average game and we are seeing already still why it doesn't matter what quality it actually was.

I just think after all the dust has settled around this people will look back and say ya know this actually wasn't that bad of a game. Wasn't a great game but a solid one.

And what Wii Sports wasn't awesome haha.  To the contrary of Wii Music, people loved Wii Sports and it had loads of positive hype.

You're quite wrong - "gamer" buzz tended to line up with the review hype, which was middling at best. it was enjoyed, yes, and it was a wonderful game - the point is that this was not acknowledged by gamers.