By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The xbox 360 will own the ps3 another week!

If 360 doesn't beat PS3 in the coming weeks in Europe now that the amazing holiday bundles are out for the same price, basically 2 games for free, 360 is finished and PS3 will run away in Europe.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Yup. Can you smell what MSFT is cookin'?

yup.....a loss in their financial reports due to the low 360 price

_______

@Kirby007

I disagree

360 will not own Ps3 another week

it will scrape by Ps3 another week

and with that someone thinks like me, but the numbers a week after that will favour the 360 because of Fable 2. And then the ps3 does some serious pwnage with LBP.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

@kirby007: Maybe you're right. But in this same period last year, XB360 had higher numbers than now and PS3 lower and we know how things turned and sales went during the subsequent Xmas season and 9 months after it. An even more pyrrhic victory for MS this time?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

what an amazing well thought out arguement. With lots of facts to support your thesis.

No matter who wins last week, it's pretty certain that it won't be a landslide victory. In which case, both Sony and Microsoft fanboys will have something to gloat about.

If 360 narrowly wins, the Microsoft fanboys will gloat about winning while the Sony fanboys will make light of the 360's meager victory when it's at a mass market sale price and half the price of PS3.

If PS3 narrowly wins, the Sony fanboys will gloat about winning while the Microsoft fanboys will make light of PS3's narrow victory when it was outselling the 360 by a huge margin earlier this year.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
what an amazing well thought out arguement. With lots of facts to support your thesis.

I only state the obvious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
@kirby007: Maybe you're right. But in this same period last year, XB360 had higher numbers than now and PS3 lower and we know how things turned and sales went during the subsequent Xmas season and 9 months after it. An even more pyrrhic victory for MS this time?

last year had halo 3

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

last year had halo 3

While Halo 3 was really big and an undeniable hit for every fan of the series, this price cut was intended to enlarge XB360 audience. Which one of the two moves should have a greater effect? IMVHO this price cut should have had a much more universal appeal, but I really don't know which were MS' plans and expectations about it, maybe things went just as they planned, maybe even better, who knows...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I have forseen