By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It's official. Worldwide LBP delay. :'(

As one VGC member from Saudi Arabia, a country with most strict religious observance, wrote that those verses could even be fine, if cited unmodified, I suspect the case was deliberately amplified to get free publicity.
A patch after release and maybe a sticker on the box warning people that could be offended to patch the game before playing could have been just fine, shipping new patched copies to countries with muslim majority first could have been even better and nobody would have been hurt...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

October Fools?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

it a week more to me :(.

T_T

I really hope that 31st October date is true

What is this bullshit!? Nooooo!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Recall the Units, and at the same time print new ones. Also recall any console bundles that are already being shipped. If it's a one week delay then that's not too bad.

.... Stilll bad though...

4 ≈ One

Godot said:
I'll repost what I posted in the other thread.

Does anyone remember the episode Cartoon Wars from South Park. In that episode, they couldn't show Muhammad in an everyday life situation (it was censored by Comedy Central) while they put a really crude cartoon instulting the Christian religion.

The problem with that double standard is that Western companies fear to put "anything" even remotely offensive to Muslims since the backlash of the Danish caricatures. It's really sad because those caricatures were about the freedom of expression and I think freedom of expression is a lot more important than freedom of religion. Especially when the song wasn't offensive (it did not contain hate speech of any sort). If anything, that song was probably introduced as a way to show that the game wasn't only made for the West.

i always thought that was very strange considering is super best friends south park had already shown muhammad. this is reactionary to our times, and can only harm our future as a country. these decisions show to terrorists that terrorism or the threat there of works. and we lose freedom of choice, they are free not to play the game if they so chose, why give special consideration to them, sony barely apologized for the church battle ground, so i can not see this being prior company policy. fanatics really get to me. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Negative effect on sales isn't guaranteed because of the delay, but the negative press + having all the games have that song will have a long lasting impression on the game which will affect sales and some one would have found this out sooner or later better they found out before they did a world wide release.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Not every PS3 owner has the internet so a re-call was required. None the less, the game will still be excellent and a holiday must buy for PS3 owners. I give Sony props for recognizing this and rectifying it before it turned into something it did not need to become.

how can you support this blatant squashing of freedom of expression, are we to stop everything that might offend some religious group, because they might do something rash about it. NO we should not live in fear, like the rest of us, they should protest if they feel slighted or boycot, but not try and control world wide entertainment/social fabric through fear of what may be. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

If it makes anybody feel any better (misery loves company, they say), I've been waiting to get Sam & Max since August, when it was originally due out. Lately, the release date has been one week away for about 3 weeks. :/

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.