By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quickest game to 10 million?

halo3:recon
xbox users are starving for yet an other halo game

or wii music the awesomemest game ever

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I give Wii Sports Resort a good chance to win the title quickest to 10 million, if Nintendo can produce enough WMPs.

First week buy for me.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2
RolStoppable said:
Xen said:
brute said:
Gran Turismo 4 didn't even sell 10 million,what makes you guy's think that GT5 will sell 10 million,let alone be the fastest to do it?

9.50 is near.

Also, Gran Turismo 3 is almost 15mln. Some of it sold purely on the factor of "Wow! more realistic graphics on a more powerful console!"

I'm pretty darn sure GT5 will do 10 mln.

Gran Turismo 3 was also bundled, but I am not sure for how long.

The "Wow" factor already helped GT5 Prologue to sell, so I don't think that it will play a major role in the sales of the complete GT5 which won't look that much better than its Prologue version.

Not long enough to make it 3 mln+ bundle sales, I'm sure.

As for the "wow factor" with GT5:P, it's after all, a prologue, preview of what we'll have in the game... not everyone will get it. It's similar to GT4:P, which I didn't get, and waited for the full version. Now, I hope to get it used.

Another game that can do it pretty easily is Wii Sports Resort. Obviously it will be hella popular, but it has the first Wii Sports to compete with, and that could pose a problem.

some of you do not realise how hungry us europeans are for GT5, everywhere you go people ask about the release date. say it releases end of 2009 or early 2010, ps3 should have a 40+ million userbase by then. i would say thats a enough for it to get to 10 million. dont know about it being the fastest though.

BengaBenga said:
brute said:
Gran Turismo 4 didn't even sell 10 million,what makes you guy's think that GT5 will sell 10 million,let alone be the fastest to do it?

There are two words that can desribe it. Hope and Denial 

2 words to describe you, ps3 hater. also how come your always online? whether its night, day, evening, afternoon our always online. you must love this site.

Around the Network
GTAIV08 said:
BengaBenga said:
brute said:

2 words to describe you, ps3 hater. also how come your always online? whether its night, day, evening, afternoon our always online. you must love this site.

That's 3 words. Playstation 3 hater. You can't use abbrevations as a word alone.

As for your last comment, you have a higher average post count than Benga Benga, so you're actually worse than him. That's not very hard, but attacking someone, while yourself being worse on the point you go personal on, is kinda stupid.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

GTAIV08 said:
BengaBenga said:
brute said:

lol, I'm not a hater of any console, but some people are so blind in their love for a console that they'll see every criticism (how well funded it may be) as hate.

Look, the PS3 is no PS2 and GT5 won't sell as well as GT3 or 4. That's plain logic. Especially since the casuals that were a big part of the PS2 userbase  are now mainly on Wii. And GT5 is very popular among casuals. I think it's a very logical, and not hatefull, remark that GT5 won't be the fastest game to ever reach 10 million.

And yes I do love the site, but to assure you: I do sleep. And if you're able to track when I'm online you're probably on a lot as well.

c0rd said:
Kantor said:

Lol. There are 10 million people on WoW altogether...

I'm going to say GT5, like several other people. Of course, Nintendo will probably come out with yet another ridiculous idea for a game (Wii car washing? Wii House Cleaning? Wii Cooking? Oh wait, that last one's been done!) but I am hoping that people have some taste.

Europe eats up the "ridiculous" Eye toy, Singstar, and Buzz "garbage," so much for PS users' taste, hm?

OT: PS2's San Andreas made it to 10mil in 9 weeks. GTA4 (counting both platforms) took 14 weeks. Comparing franchises, Gran Turismo isn't nearly as big as GTA, so Gran Turismo 5 doesn't have a chance in hell at beating San Andreas. Seriously, Wii Sports Resort has a better chance.

I don't see any games in the near future that can break San Andreas' record. I wouldn't say it's impossible, though. San Andreas came out when the PS2 was about 4 years old in the west. We have over two years until reaching that mark for this gen (the leader released less than 2 years ago). Who knows what games might be released in that timeframe.

Singstar and Buzz are awesome party games. EyeToy games are different. They are by far not garbage.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

Singstar and Buzz are awesome party games. EyeToy games are different. They are by far not garbage.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply they were. I just don't see what makes the Wii Series qualify as shovelware, while nobody comments on the Sony games.

GTAIV08 said:
some of you do not realise how hungry us europeans are for GT5, everywhere you go people ask about the release date. say it releases end of 2009 or early 2010, ps3 should have a 40+ million userbase by then. i would say thats a enough for it to get to 10 million. dont know about it being the fastest though.

I live in the UK and haven't heard that anywhere. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down