By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 3 Review? More like a hate speach.

Griffin said:
Final-Fan said:
So Griffin, please explain why your opinion based on TRAILERS is much more valuable than a dozen reviews based on ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

@Zen: You cited having an avatar in black and white as evidence of your nuanced worldview?

Reviewers gave GTA4 perfect scores all over the place and the game is shit.  They are all paid for their reviews, so whatever they give games is nonsense anyways.  And there are plenty of people that have played the game that think its bad.  We can go back and forth cherrypicking reviews from people to suit what we think of the game.

Or we can ignorantly argue that all games suck, based on nothing, and then when people question us about our ignorant assumptions, we can act childishly, say our uninformed opinions are the truth, and claim that anyone can see that our opinions are "fact," and those who disagree are obviously fanboys of the game itself.

Then, when we're confronted about that, we can simply not respond.

You can find groups of ignoramous that say every game, ever is "shit." However, most of them won't even have the balls to claim their opinion is a fact.

You act as if when a couple of people don't like the game, it some how justifies your opinion, and confirms that it is correct. Even when every quantifiable method we have of rating games says your opinion is the opposite of correct. You told me that the game is shit, and you've never even played it, and then you told me that your opinion was a fact, and I was just a fanboy for questioning it. Do you know how childishly ignorant your argument is? It's laughable.

As for GTAIV, lol, it wasn't shit, imo. Reviewers aren't all "bribed" to give GTA or Fallout good reviews, and a lot of people love those games. GTA is ranked amongst the highest selling of this gen, and rated amongst the highest of all time. However, I'm sure your "factual" opinions that the "game is shit"(nice use of the English language in your reviews, btw, you should write for the Times) trump all of those achievements.

I mean, if I said LBP was shit, and my opinion was a fact, I certainly wouldn't be acting ignorantly and childish, would I?

Let me ask you again. Are your opinions fact, sir? We already know the answer. Why don't you just submit?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Also, it's time for lilbellule to eat some crow. This game ain't falling below 90 percent, lol.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Theres a couple of perks at level 18 and 20 which are absolutely brutal in the right hands.

You'll know them when you see them.

Btw this game is more skill based than stat based so if you want to improve fast get the +3 skill points per turn and the +10% experience perks, especially as it doubles your experience from 1 SP monsters.

Tease.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:
Final-Fan said:
So Griffin, please explain why your opinion based on TRAILERS is much more valuable than a dozen reviews based on ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.

@Zen: You cited having an avatar in black and white as evidence of your nuanced worldview?

Reviewers gave GTA4 perfect scores all over the place and the game is shit.  They are all paid for their reviews, so whatever they give games is nonsense anyways.  And there are plenty of people that have played the game that think its bad.  We can go back and forth cherrypicking reviews from people to suit what we think of the game.

Let me ask you again. Are your opinions fact, sir? We already know the answer. Why don't you just submit?

I never once said my opinions were fact, so maybe you should learn to read.  I posted factual statements about the game.  If i say the world is round, its not my opinion, its a factual statment. 

And going by the crap you post all the time, you have already lost the argument, so maybe you should look over the dribble you posted to find out where.

Pretty harsh imo.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:
The game looks like crap, has poor animations and even worse looking and sounding weapons. The gameplay has zero good things about it, the levels look dull and boring. I was looking forward to this game before e3, but after its brutal showing and even worse videos since i have no idea how people could think this game is anything but garbage. Its like the Assassins creed of this Holiday season, people will buy the game in droves, and live to hate every moment of it.

libellule, I've giving you a pass.

Not Griffin though. He likes to flame stuff he knows nothing about, obviously

IGN Ratings for Fallout 3 (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The atmosphere and style are everything you could ask for and more. A few bugs and camera issues keep things from perfection.
9.0 Graphics
The landscapes are wonderful. The character models and animations could be a lot better.
9.5 Sound
Excellent voice acting and a soundtrack that completely fits the game's mood. The sound effects aren't bad either.
10 Gameplay
A rare combination of excellent combat and deep role-playing.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A more focused experience than much of what Bethesda has created in the past that begs to be played for hours and hours. This is one game you won't soon forget.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

What was the point of quoting me, i never said the game was going to get bad reviews.  Of course the game was going to get good reviews.  That still does not change the fact that everything i said was the truth.  And maybe you should take off the fanboy glasses and you would see just how bad the game looks and plays.

You said:

The game looks like crap, has poor animations and even worse looking and sounding weapons. The gameplay has zero good things about it, the levels look dull and boring. I was looking forward to this game before e3, but after its brutal showing and even worse videos since i have no idea how people could think this game is anything but garbage. Its like the Assassins creed of this Holiday season, people will buy the game in droves, and live to hate every moment of it.

Was that the truth?

What is your definition of "truth?"

To me, it's something that's factual and provable. An opinion can never be the truth.

You're just defending yourself because you don't want to give me the victory. I'm sorry, but you've acted very immature in this thread, imo. Why can't you man up and admit your mistakes? Fallout being crap isn't the same thing as the world being round. That's a very childish and irrelivant argument.

The only fact here is it's your opinion, that you've based off a demo that you didn't even play, that Fallout 3 is crap. Deal with it. You know the difference between truth and opinion. Tell it to me.

Your whole argument is designed to disguise the obvious: that you made a very poor assumption, that your opinion is the "truth." You've said it twice. it's ludcrious. Now you're gonna tell me that you won because of my posting history, lol? No. I win because of this thread, but it doesn't really matter to me, neither do you. However, I won't allow you to sully this forum with such a broad fallacy, without answering for it. Your opinion will never be the truth. Admit it. You are in control of when this ends.

Can my opinion also be the truth? Answer my questions. If our opinions differ, are they both still "the truth?"

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:

libellule, I've giving you a pass.

Not Griffin though. He likes to flame stuff he knows nothing about, obviously

IGN Ratings for Fallout 3 (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The atmosphere and style are everything you could ask for and more. A few bugs and camera issues keep things from perfection.
9.0 Graphics
The landscapes are wonderful. The character models and animations could be a lot better.
9.5 Sound
Excellent voice acting and a soundtrack that completely fits the game's mood. The sound effects aren't bad either.
10 Gameplay
A rare combination of excellent combat and deep role-playing.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
A more focused experience than much of what Bethesda has created in the past that begs to be played for hours and hours. This is one game you won't soon forget.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

What was the point of quoting me, i never said the game was going to get bad reviews.  Of course the game was going to get good reviews.  That still does not change the fact that everything i said was the truth.  And maybe you should take off the fanboy glasses and you would see just how bad the game looks and plays.

You said:

Was that the truth?

What is your definition of "truth?"

To me, it's something that's factual and provable. An opinion can never be the truth.

You're just defending yourself because you don't want to give me the victory. I'm sorry, but you've acted very immature in this thread. Why can't you man up and admit your mistakes? Fallout being crap isn't the same thing as the world being round. That's a very childish and irrelivant argument.

The only fact here is it's your opinion, that you've based off a demo that you didn't even play, is that Fallout 3 is crap. Deal with it. Deal with being wrong. Deal with not knowing the difference between fact and opinion.

Your whole argument is designed to disguise the obvious: that you made a very poor and childish assumption, that your opinion is the "truth." You've said it twice. it's ludcrious. Now you're gonna tell me that you won because of my posting history, lol? No. I win because of this thread, but it doesn't really matter to me, neither do you. However, I won't allow you to sully this forum with such a broad fallacy, without answering for it. Your opinion will never be the truth. Admit it. You are in control of when this ends.

Can my opinion also be the truth? Answer my questions. If our opinions differ, are they both still "the truth?"

You have already lost the argument, maybe you should figure out why before posting more.

Griffin said:

You have already lost the argument, maybe you should figure out why before posting more.

Since you refuse to communicate fairly, I'd like to ask you several questions:

A. Is the phrase "Fallout 3 is crap" a truth, or an opinion?

B. Is your opinion always the "truth."

C. Do you have an opinion about Fallout 3?

D. Is that opinion the "truth?"

You're not gonna tell me what I wanna hear, lol. How many people on this forum do you think would agree that your opinion is the truth? If your opinion was the truth, all the Xbox 360 games would be rated 1/10, and the Playstation 3 would be in first place this gen.

Don't kid yourself. Your opinion isn't the truth. Stop saying that.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

New reviews up:

Gaming
5 / 5
g4tv.com
38 minutes ago | Gaming | Review omodis420
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to nuke the absolute shit out of ourselves, at leas...

Multi
5 / 5
guardian.co.uk
1 hour ago | Multi | Review Cyrus365
Guardian writes: "These are exciting times for fans of role-playing games. Fable II raised the bar and...

Multi
8.5 / 10
blog.gamesonsm...
1 hour ago | Multi | Review WorseCase
After several hours of playing this game one thing came to mind. Surviving a nuclear holocaust is hard. It ...

Multi
96 / 100
atomicgamer.com
3 hours ago | Multi | Review BIoodmask
Sure, this game isn't perfect, but its strengths far overpower its weaknesses. From its sweeping, epic scor...

Multi
B / A+
gaming-age.com
6 hours ago | Multi | Review Columbo
Fans that have been waiting for Fallout 3, of either the Oblivion camp or Fallout's, will be happy with thi...

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:

If your opinion was the truth, all the Xbox 360 games would be rated 1/10, and the Playstation 3 would be in first place this gen.

Why would i give 360 games 1/10, i like the 360 and play it all the time.  And why would anyone want the PS3 to be in first place, that would be the dumbest shit ever.  It would just encourage companies to make systems at insane prices, and games would take even longer to come out.