By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another week of xbox360 dominance in japan

Gamerace said:
I think the real story here is:

PS2 > 360 > PS3

Nevermind the Wii, it's doing it's own thing but if the HD systems can't outsell the aged PS2 by this point in the generation and PS2 continues to be the main software seller for Japanese 3rd parties then both PS3 and 360 can be considered failures here.

So where do Sony & MS (and even Nintendo) go with their next gen systems to win over Japanese gamers? Apperantly better graphics is not the direction they need as merely improving graphics over PS3/360's will avail nothing in Japan.

in a word: portable.

Around the Network

With the last couple of weeks results there is no reason to believe PS3 will top the 360 next week either.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

good to see the 360 is no longer at 2k or 1k a week. good job microsoft.

Yea, maybe the PS3 did needs backwards compatibility. But then the PS2 wouldn't keep making them money. It may return one day.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

CGI-Quality said:
@ XanderZane

You do know that FFXIII will do NOTHING for the 360 in Japan because it's not coming to 360 in Japan. Now how about we make a thread on the hardware sales of the PS3 when FFXIII does release in Japan... this topic will no longer be relevant...Nevertheless, congrats M$ on a 5th straight week victory.

So are you saying the relevance of this thread will last for over a year until the release of Final Fantasy 13?  The PS3 really is in trouble then

(And for the record, I do not think this will last too much longer let alone for a year.  Just having fun with semantics )

Around the Network

Dodece said:
A acceptable margin of error is ten percent range. Not ten percent total. Which means plus or minus five percent maximum. Now if you think Famitsu can range farther then that on anything close to a consistent basis you should simply state that you do not feel the numbers provided by their methodology are reliable. You must also come to conclusion that the numbers on this site are grossly unreliable since most would concede that Famitsu probably accounts for the vast majority of this sites charting of that particular market.

The bottom line is the range is significant enough to say that Microsoft did beat Sony for another week in Japan. The beating may be greater or less then the numbers indicate, but the salient fact remains. I also find it fundamentally idiotic that the mindset is that the formula for tracking would over track the 360, and under track the PS3. You would think they would both be over tracked or both under tracked.

So congratulations to Microsoft for holding in there for another week. Who would have thought mighty Sony would have been humbled like this in Japan earlier this year. Will be interesting to see how Sony responds to this. Beyond that someone on these forums told me the global meltdown did not really effect Japan. I could not bring myself to believe them. Japan is the poster child for a nation utterly dependent on global trade. With a large population, poor natural resources, and a dependence on the import of raw materials. To me that screams a nation that acutely feels the global economic situation.

a sane and rational argument that aims to keep all consoles in level footing without conspiracy theories.... are you sure your posting on the right boards 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

is Fable 2 big in japan ? cuz i think we will not be happy next week because LBP are coming and i think its big in japan.

I m not sure if LBP is so big in Japan

At least Sony is trying to :

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/15/ad-japan-in-panic-over-littlebigplanet-release/

Time to Work !

libellule said:
I m not sure if LBP is so big in Japan

At least Sony is trying to :

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/15/ad-japan-in-panic-over-littlebigplanet-release/

hmm u mean Fable is more poular than LBP in japan ... cuz i didnt see much crowd in the ad .. lol

Well, to me,

Fable2
but LBP is still not so big in Jap

I dont know, I dont remember having read report saying LBP was big in Japan.

Time to Work !