By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another week of xbox360 dominance in japan

Why would anyone buy PS3 now when you can get better model soon.

Around the Network

600 Unit Error! Thats bloddy loads !!!!!

when is the new ps3 model gonna hit japan?
when does LBP come?

and yeah ps2 outsold both LOL

I think the real story here is:

PS2 > 360 > PS3

Nevermind the Wii, it's doing it's own thing but if the HD systems can't outsell the aged PS2 by this point in the generation and PS2 continues to be the main software seller for Japanese 3rd parties then both PS3 and 360 can be considered failures here.

So where do Sony & MS (and even Nintendo) go with their next gen systems to win over Japanese gamers? Apperantly better graphics is not the direction they need as merely improving graphics over PS3/360's will avail nothing in Japan.

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
XanderZane said:
NNN2004 said:
maybe this is the 4th week i guess.

It's actually the 6th week that the XBox 360 has outsold the PS3. It started with the release of Tales of Vesperia 6 weeks ago. I'm amazed that it lasted this long. I thought the XBox 360 would fall behind the PS3 by now. Nope, I was wrong. The Last Remnant will be out next. What will that do for hardware sales? Then we get Star Ocean in March and FF XIII at the end of 2009.

Star Ocean TLH is out 19 Feb 09 in Japan.

It's out in March 09 in the U.S. I need to pre-order my copy today.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Gamerace said:
I think the real story here is:

PS2 > 360 > PS3

Nevermind the Wii, it's doing it's own thing but if the HD systems can't outsell the aged PS2 by this point in the generation and PS2 continues to be the main software seller for Japanese 3rd parties then both PS3 and 360 can be considered failures here.

So where do Sony & MS (and even Nintendo) go with their next gen systems to win over Japanese gamers? Apperantly better graphics is not the direction they need as merely improving graphics over PS3/360's will avail nothing in Japan.

Considering Microsoft can never sell anything in Japan it’s not failing its prospering over there right now

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Congrats to MS. Looks like they finally found the secret to selling consoles in Japan.
I like how finishing 5th in a 6 system race is now considered dominance.

Does the fact that the PS2 is consitently beating out the PS3 the past few weeks make anyone else think that maybe BC would have been a good thing to keep in Japan?

360 keep dominating over ps3 in Japan.

good job MS