By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another week of xbox360 dominance in japan

wii music and tenchu should boost wii next week.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEXT WII JRPG COME OUT?

i ask this loads and no one ever answers

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

lets wait and see .. thats what i can say for now.

starcraft said:
libellule said:
Xbox360 falling

PS3 too

Another draw week

only NA remain Xbox360 > PS3

Excuse me? 

The PS3 has been roundly and squarely beaten in Japan for over a month.

And they BOTH suck in Europe.

Excuse me? But how long has XBox 360 been out in Japan and how long did it take to accomplish this feat? a mere month is nothing when you compare it to years.

fayewong said:
starcraft said:
libellule said:
Xbox360 falling

PS3 too

Another draw week

only NA remain Xbox360 > PS3

Excuse me? 

The PS3 has been roundly and squarely beaten in Japan for over a month.

And they BOTH suck in Europe.

Excuse me? But how long has XBox 360 been out in Japan and how long did it take to accomplish this feat? a mere month is nothing when you compare it to years.

Excuse me but how much did the 360 sell 2 months ago in a week? Hardly 1K and considering this, this is a big feat for the 360. I step closer to achieving 1 million in Japan.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

w00t

Go 360!

It deserves MGS4 on the console, PS3 can't manage any sales.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2316

Xbox360  6690 units

Ps3          5899 units

the normal HD slaughter by the wii continues

You my friend need to look up 'dominance' in a dictionary... and refrain from bait headlines.  360 does not have dominance in Japan (even if only comparing to PS3 the figures/gap is not nearly enough to constiture dominance).  To imply the 360 has dominance is to lie or to seek to mislead and/or bait I'm afraid.  Try and be more sensible - or reasonable, next time.

Nintendo Wii has dominance, as does DS/PSP alternatively depending upon games released.  Neither the PS3 nor the 360 has remotely got within a whiff of dominance in Japan.  Stick to the facts.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

VGC has almost same data and even have the xbox360 higher HAHA

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wow if that's dominance then what is the DS doing to the PSP haha. Must be the equivalent of a massacre haha.

Zucas said:
Wow if that's dominance then what is the DS doing to the PSP haha. Must be the equivalent of a massacre haha.

just like the wii it is slaughtering its competitors

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The title is a little misleading :O

Anyways as some poster have stated, the TGS announcement of the new bundle and PS3 models along with poor economic outlook probably pulled the sales down across the board.

It is logical that the most expensive console on the market would be hit the hardest.

The Xbox360 is finally making headways, this is called success and should be congradulated, it is however too soon to gloat, especially when the total sale numbers are so tiny to begin with.

I don't expect a PS3 resurgent next week either, LBP is out on the 30th in Japan btw, a week later than EU and NA.

The biggest test of the PS3 this year will be WKC, it is the only big blockbuster title relevant to Japan's market since the release of MGS4 and if that tanks then Sony gonna be in a world of hurt.