By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (7/19)

TheSource said:
Any word on how Dragon Quest Swords is holding up in week two? Did Square-Enix have another shipment ready?

People on GAF have said to expect DQ:S to dissapear almost next week, lucky to make the top ten as SE massively undershipped and wont have a new shipment of the game in time.

Squeenix = losers.

Around the Network

Doesn't surprise me. Feels like SE's been treating Wii with a 'meh' from the beginning, even with their beloved Dragon Quest.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Doesn't surprise me. Feels like SE's been treating Wii with a 'meh' from the beginning, even with their beloved Dragon Quest.

Well, maybe they will give more respect and love to the wii if Dragon quest swords is surpassing their expectations  :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Storm is over 40 games releasing in Japan next week including MP8, HSG, GRAW2 +++

Its the start of the summer holidays there this week / next week (26th to be exact) 

koffieboon said:
I'm a bit surprised the PS2 version sells that much better than the Wii version, baseball is one of those games which seem to be a perfect fit for the Wiimote. But then again, the installed base of PS2 to Wii is somewhere around 7 to 1, so selling 4 to 1 might not be that bad. Is baseball a popular sport in Japan and do baseball games sell well there?

Its also a series up to version 14 - which has always sold well on the PS2.

No PS3 version? Or is it coming later?

Next week will be insane...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

It's like I said before... there was an old slide that stated Square Enix was expecting sales between 300-400k total for Dragon Quest Swords WW for it's lifetime. They under shipped because they didn't expect so many people to grab the game during it's first week.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

If the shops pre-ordered 350k, SE should've known they'd push it. If I was them, I'd be kicking myself in the pants.

Dolla Dolla said:
If the shops pre-ordered 350k, SE should've known they'd push it. If I was them, I'd be kicking myself in the pants.

Regardless of what happens now, stores will almost certainly order another 150k (or more) units - making the game a success for SQE - even if another copy is never bought.

The same thing happened to DQM:Joker, and it is still selling strongly (did launch in the hottest period of Xmas though).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

y-koron said:
koffieboon said:
I'm a bit surprised the PS2 version sells that much better than the Wii version, baseball is one of those games which seem to be a perfect fit for the Wiimote. But then again, the installed base of PS2 to Wii is somewhere around 7 to 1, so selling 4 to 1 might not be that bad. Is baseball a popular sport in Japan and do baseball games sell well there?

For Japese gamer, it isn't suprise results. Even between the funs of these series, it isn't anticipated to play baseball.

For them, what is most important is to make player in a game-mode called "success". So, when players speak about this game, they speak about only this mode.

So, they have less interests for playing devices.

so, i take it, for this baseball game, it's really a career mode that people are interested in, not actually pitching and batting?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Xyrax said:
TheSource said:
Any word on how Dragon Quest Swords is holding up in week two? Did Square-Enix have another shipment ready?

People on GAF have said to expect DQ:S to dissapear almost next week, lucky to make the top ten as SE massively undershipped and wont have a new shipment of the game in time.

Squeenix = losers.

As usual (remember FF3 second week)

So we can predict DQS @ less than 50k this week ?