By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 coming to 360?, (PS3/360) fanboys click here

It wouldn't matter much.

I mean, 360 owners were all trying to doubt the importance of this game.

And the game has essentially done all it's needed to do for the PS3. It pushed major consoles, pwned 360 in June NPD by 2:1, and made people buy a PS3 for this game.

It could come out for the 360, but it would do nothing, and set no precedent for the future for the game being multi-plat, as the game wouldn't sell that well.

But leaving the hypothetical world, and entering the real world, it could be very hard to virtually impossible to make this happen. References to blu-ray and Sony would need to be cut, and apparently a lot of game content/cutscenes to make the change from 50GB to 9GB.

I know some would argue that the game was copied multiple times because of the read speed of Blu-Ray or some nonsense like that, but no one knows if that was/is true or not. And even if it's not true, who is to say how many times the game was copied? If it was once, it would still be 25 GB. If it were twice it would be 16.67 GB. If it were three times it would be 12.5 GB. If it were four it would be 10 GB. And if it were copied five times, it would finally be 8.2 GB. I'm no expert, but I don't think that the same data is on the disc six times.

So will it happen? Probably not. If it does, what will it do?

Around the Network

impossible almost to talk about a 360 port, pherhaps mgs5 may see a 360 release, if the bloody thing exists

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

leo-j said:

@Selnor

There are things in the game that are like a big "f#ck you" to microsoft.

@NNN2004

Im just giving a response their is nothing in that post that leads to a ban.

I was talking from a technical standpoint. Of course there is phrases and advertising for Sony brands. But they would just take those out. On a technical standpoint it easily could be done on 360. I gues if this is true you will see soon enough.

4 disc changes = most 3 mins. PS3 installs = roughly 18-20 mins mins in total. I 'l take disc changing any day.

Mistershine said:
Just a curious question: How much space does it take on blu-ray? Is it just one lot of data, or is some of the data doubled to improve seek times?

No one knows. The cutscenes from the game take up about 9.2 GB. They were pulled out of the game and placed on the web for pirating. So at the very least, we're talking 2 discs of just cutscenes with 3 GB left over.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

perpride said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Even if it coming to the 360, I still won't buy it. I know the story and I think it is an absolute abomination. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for me the series ends with MGS3.

Ummmm...yeah....okay....you're entitled to your oppinion. But here this, and know it's coming from a ten year fan of the series:

MGS4 is not only the best Metal Gear Solid game, it is the best video game ever made.

I play MGS for the story. It's probably the only franchise I play just for the story. I don't care much for the gameplay, to be honest, and stuff like graphics and all that don't concern me too much anyway. And I can say, with full confidence, that MGS4's story is ridiculous, even by MGS-standards. I also believe that the game singlehandedly ruins everything that was beautiful about MGS3(A game I personally believe to be the most beautiful game, not graphics-wise, but beautiful in story, soundtrack and symbolism). So yeah. I don't like MGS4.

Also, I can go around saying that Too Human is the best video game ever made, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
It wouldn't matter much.

I mean, 360 owners were all trying to doubt the importance of this game.

And the game has essentially done all it's needed to do for the PS3. It pushed major consoles, pwned 360 in June NPD by 2:1, and made people buy a PS3 for this game.

It could come out for the 360, but it would do nothing, and set no precedent for the future for the game being multi-plat, as the game wouldn't sell that well.

But leaving the hypothetical world, and entering the real world, it could be very hard to virtually impossible to make this happen. References to blu-ray and Sony would need to be cut, and apparently a lot of game content/cutscenes to make the change from 50GB to 9GB.

I know some would argue that the game was copied multiple times because of the read speed of Blu-Ray or some nonsense like that, but no one knows if that was/is true or not. And even if it's not true, who is to say how many times the game was copied? If it was once, it would still be 25 GB. If it were twice it would be 16.67 GB. If it were three times it would be 12.5 GB. If it were four it would be 10 GB. And if it were copied five times, it would finally be 8.2 GB. I'm no expert, but I don't think that the same data is on the disc six times.

So will it happen? Probably not. If it does, what will it do?

i remember before that i saw in ign a technical demo for MGS4 running on 360 ... maybe someone else know about this also.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
perpride said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Even if it coming to the 360, I still won't buy it. I know the story and I think it is an absolute abomination. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, for me the series ends with MGS3.

Ummmm...yeah....okay....you're entitled to your oppinion. But here this, and know it's coming from a ten year fan of the series:

MGS4 is not only the best Metal Gear Solid game, it is the best video game ever made.

I play MGS for the story. It's probably the only franchise I play just for the story. I don't care much for the gameplay, to be honest, and stuff like graphics and all that don't concern me too much anyway. And I can say, with full confidence, that MGS4's story is ridiculous, even by MGS-standards. I also believe that the game singlehandedly ruins everything that was beautiful about MGS3(A game I personally believe to be the most beautiful game, not graphics-wise, but beautiful in story, soundtrack and symbolism). So yeah. I don't like MGS4.

Also, I can go around saying that Too Human is the best video game ever made, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

I fully agree with you about MGS3, though I will say that I thought MGS2 was worse than MGS4 in terms of story.

SMcc1887 said:
ALOT OF SH!T. I't cannot be made on 360, and there are even quotes in the game which refer to this. And did u just make this story up... or where's the source?

1) If Dead Rising can be ported to the Wii, then MGS4 can be ported to 360. The technological hurdles are difficult, but not impossible.

2) Quotes in the game are easily tweaked. How many times have new ports been given bonus content?

if it does come to the 360, i would suppose a summer release. just like the ps3 version. if it really does come to the 360, i'll buy it for my nephew. since the 360 is all he owns.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

perpride said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

better than Minesweeper ????

BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!!!!!